- Local News
- Google X captures heart, imagination of AU professor After spending the summer working at Google's secret research laboratory in Mountain View, California, Scott Kennedy has decided to stay.
- Residential electric rates increasing by 9 percent The electric rates for residential customers of Anderson Municipal Light & Power will increase by 8.96 percent for the final three months of the year.
Mother who brought gun to school pleads guilty
A mother who admitted to bringing a gun to a meeting at her son's school in April pleaded guilty on Tuesday.
- Arrest Log: Aug. 20 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Monday and Tuesday, based on Madison County Jail records.
Anderson facing Aug. 28 deadline on pact
After months of extended deadlines concerning Anderson’s participation in the consolidated 911 dispatch center for Madison County, a final one has been set.
Mississippi fugitive arrested in Anderson
A Mississippi man arrested by U.S. Marshals Monday night agreed to be transported back to Mississippi during an extradition hearing Tuesday. But the man said he's concerned about how he'll be treated once he returns.
- Indiana experiences growth in manufacturing sector Known for its strength in traditional and progressive manufacturing, Indiana gained more than 5,500 jobs in the manufacturing sector last month and has maintaining a 5.9 percent unemployment rate from June.
- Briefs: Aug. 19 News items of local and state interest as published in the Tuesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- What's Where: Aug. 19 Local meetings and activities scheduled for Tuesday.
- State police seek recruits The Indiana State Police is accepting applications for the 75th Recruit Academy. Individuals who are interested in beginning a career as a state trooper may apply online.
- More Local News Headlines