- Local News
- Travel restrictions on Interstate 69 this weekend During at least the next eight weekends, travel north of Anderson on Interstate 69 will be restricted as damaged concrete is repaired.
- Senior housing request continued A request for final plat approval for a senior housing development on property near Madison Park Church of God was continued Tuesday. The Anderson Plan Commission could not consider the request because of a lack of a quorum to conduct business.
- Street Department purchases 2 pickup trucks The Anderson Street Department received approval to buy two Dodge Ram pickup trucks on Tuesday.
- Local Briefs: July 22 A compilation of local and state news as published in the Tuesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Alex council approves animal ordinance A new animal ordinance is in place after the Alexandria City Council unanimously approved the measure Monday night.
Swine show brings smiles, lessons
Despite warm temperatures and occasionally ornery pigs, there were a lot of smiles during the Madison County 4-H Fair swine show Monday.
Harless provides loving care to hens
When Holden Harless received his American Hen last year he named it Andrew Luck after his favorite football player.
High child poverty casts pall over gains in Hoosier schools
Indiana children are doing better in school, according to a new report from the Annie E. Casey Foundation, but the high rate of child poverty remains a big concern.
- What's Where: July 22 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Tuesday, July 22.
- Man in violation of probation, new charges A man involved in a May 20 incident where he allegedly eluded police and tried to grab a stun gun from one officer could get up to nine years on a separate suspended charge.
- More Local News Headlines