- Local News
- Briefs: Aug. 19 News items of local and state interest as published in the Tuesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- What's Where: Aug. 19 Local meetings and activities scheduled for Tuesday.
- State police seek recruits The Indiana State Police is accepting applications for the 75th Recruit Academy. Individuals who are interested in beginning a career as a state trooper may apply online.
People get a view of proposed reservoir
Local residents are being given the opportunity to discuss the benefits and challenges that face the development of the proposed Mounds Lake reservoir.
- Arrest Log: Aug. 19 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Sunday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- 2 suspects in heroin bust admit to involvement Two suspects arrested in connection with last week's large heroin network bust admitted to limited involvement with the ring in an interview with The Herald Bulletin on Monday. The case against two other suspects could be going into federal court.
- Reservoir would reduce tax revenues If the proposed Mounds Lake reservoir becomes a reality by 2021, local taxing units could lose an estimated $1.9 million in revenues.
Ambulance provider to leave communities
Area hospitals say they are not sure what to make of Rural/Metro Corp.’s announcement to end ambulance services in some Indiana communities.
Youth can fly free Saturday
Kids can fly free again at this year's special airplane rides Saturday at Anderson Municipal Airport.
- Grant intended to lift college completion for 21st Century Scholars Fall classes at Ivy Tech Community College aren't set to begin for another week, but "college success coaches" from a company called InsideTrack are already contacting 21st Century Scholars to help them transition from high school to college.
- More Local News Headlines