- Gospel musical, 4 p.m., Progressive Temple of Faith Church, 2026 Hendricks St. Hosted by the Mission and United Hands Uv Praise groups of the church.
- Fourth annual Black History Program, 5 p.m., Anderson Zion Baptist Church, 2008 Dr. James T. Menifee St. Hosted by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Birthday Celebration Committee.
- Presidents Day — State and federal government offices closed; no mail delivery.
- Alexandria City Council, 6 p.m., City Building.
- School board, 7 p.m., administration office, Shenandoah School Corp.
- Madison County Election Board, 2 p.m., Room 110, Madison County Courthouse, 16 E. Ninth St.
- Anderson Board of Public Safety, 3 p.m., fifth floor, City Hall.
- Rummage, resale, 4-6 p.m., Veterans of Madison County, 3607 E. 10th St. Fundraiser for the club.
- Spaghetti dinner, 5-7 p.m., Trinity Episcopal Church, 11th and Brown-Delaware streets.
- Town Council, 5 p.m., Edgewood Town Hall, 3405 Nichol Ave.
- Town Council, 7 p.m., Municipal Building Meeting Room, 653 Locust St.
- Board of directors meeting, 12:30 p.m., East Central Indiana Solid Waste District, 2031 Mounds Road.
- Library board, 4:15 p.m., boardroom, Anderson Public Library, 111 E. 12th St.
- Information event regarding Affordable Care Act, 6-6:40 p.m., Miami Room, Anderson Public Library, 111 E. 12th St. Hosted Plus One Enterprises.
- Fundraiser for Brooklyn Little League, 5-9 p.m., Garfield's Restaurant, Mounds Mall.
- "Tuskegee Airmen of World War II," presented by Rochel Garner Coleman II, 7 p.m., Paramount Theatre, 1124 Meridian Plaza.
- Winter Farmers Market, 4-7 p.m., Smith Family Farms.
- All-you-can-eat fish dinner, 4-7 p.m., Madison County 40&8 Voiture 510, 1600 S. Rangeline Road.
- "The Magic Flute," 7:30 p.m., Byrum Hall, Anderson University.
- Pet nail trims (fundraiser), noon-4 p.m., VCA Northwood Animal Hospital, 3255 N. Indiana 9.
- "A Day in Their Paws" fundraiser, noon-5 p.m., Madison County Humane Society, 2219 Crystal St.