Central Christian to have rummage sale
ANDERSON — Central Christian Church, 923 Jackson St., will have a rummage sale on Saturday from 8 a.m. to noon.
Enter through the back door off the Brown-Delaware/Jackson alley (adjacent to the parking lot off Jackson, north side of the church). The congregation has collected items during the Lenten season from their homes to contribute to the sale. All are in good to excellent condition.
Proceeds from the sale will go to a sister church in the interests of promoting unity and building bridges among faith communities.
Steak, breakfast at Pendleton AMVETS
PENDLETON — The Pendleton AMVETS Post 26 will serve steak dinners from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Friday and all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet for $6 from 7:30 to 10 a.m. Saturday.
The events are open to the public but you must be 18 or older to enter the post.
For more information, call 778-7224.
Derby Dames to host ‘Mad (Wo)men’
MUNCIE — The Cornfed Derby Dames (CFDD), will host “Mad (Wo)men on Sunday at Gibson Skating Arena, 2610 S. Mock Ave. Doors open at 3 p.m. with a 4 p.m. start time. CFDD will take on the Black-n-Bluegrass Shiners out of Florence, Ky.
Tickets are $8 in advance through Brown Paper Tickets (www.brownpapertickets.com/event/320155) or from any Cornfed Derby Dame, and $10 at the door (cash only). Free admission for children ages 10 and younger with purchase of an adult ticket (limit two children). Snacks and drinks are available (cash only) at the concession stand.
A portion of bout proceeds will go to Court Appointed Special Advocates, also known as CASA. Following the bout, an after-party celebration will take place at Big Shots Pub, 700 S Nichols Ave. Muncie.
Elwood Legion selling raffle tickets
ELWOOD — Tickets for a Kings Island raffle are on sale at the Elwood American Legion. Price is $5 per ticket and the prize is six passes for Kings Island.
The winning ticket will be drawn on May 25.
Tickets are available at the American Legion, calling 552-1055, At 2nd Glance, 552-2400 or from any member of the Legion.
Lions Club serving Saturday breakfast
DALEVILLE — The Daleville Lions Club, Sixth and Edwards streets, will host an all-you-can-eat community breakfast from 7:30 to 10:30 a.m. Saturday.
Cost is $6 per person. The menu includes eggs and sausage, pancakes, biscuits and sausage gravy, coffee, milk and orange juice.
Proceeds will benefit the Daleville High School Wrestling Boosters.
Central Christian to have rummage sale
- Local Briefs
- Arrest Log: April 23 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Monday and Tuesday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- Comcast employees volunteer to help Habitat for Humanity On Saturday, from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Madison County Habitat for Humanity members will work with more than 30 Comcast employees, families and friends to beautify the grounds and participate in light interior remodeling.
- Saturday auction fundraiser for Misty Eads On Saturday, a fundraiser auction will be held at Florida Station Church of God, 1045 W. 375N, for Misty Eads who has a rare kidney artery disease called polyarteritis nodosa that requires a kidney transplant.
- What's Where: April 23 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Wednesday.
Local & State Briefs: April 23
A compilation of local and state news items published Wednesday in The Herald Bulletin.
Community Briefs: April 23
A compilation of community news as published in the Wednesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
Community Briefs: April 22
A compilation of community news as published in the Tuesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Local & State briefs: April 22 A compilation of local and state news briefs, as published Tuesday in The Herald Bulletin.
- Arrest Log: April 22 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Sunday and Monday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- What's Where: April 22 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Tuesday.
- More Local Briefs Headlines