Chicken noodles dinner April 17
ANDERSON — North Anderson Wesleyan Church, 1947 E. 240N, will host a chicken noodles dinner from 5 to 6:45 p.m. Wednesday, April 17.
A freewill donation will be accepted.
LunaFest to feature films about women
ANDERSON — A program of nine short films all by, for and about women will be shown at 2 p.m. Saturday, April 13, at The Anderson Center for the Arts, 32 W. 10th St. LunaFest is being sponsored by Soroptimist International of Anderson.
The films celebrate the unique and inspirational roles of women in local, national and international communities.
All of the event’s proceeds are donated to charity, benefiting the Breast Cancer Fund and other Soroptimist projects including educational grants for women and girls.
Doors will open at 1 p.m. for snacks and silent auction.
Tickets are $20 through Soroptimist members or by calling 642-6734.
Retired secretaries to gather for lunch
ANDERSON — Retired secretaries of Anderson Community Schools will meet for lunch at 12:30 p.m. Monday at the MCL Cafeteria in Mounds Mall.
The group meets the second Monday of each month.
For more information, call N. Bradford at 643-4444.
All-you-can-eat soup supper on Saturday
ANDERSON — Cross Roads United Methodist Church, 2000 N. Scatterfield Road, will host an all-you-can-eat soup supper from 4 to 7 p.m. Saturday.
The menu includes potato soup, chili, ham and beans, vegetable soup, green pepper soup, chicken noodle soup, corn muffins, crackers, dessert and drink.
Cost is $6.50 for 12 and over; $4 for children 5-11; and children under 4 eat free. Carryout meals will be available.
For more information, call 642-8061 or 642-3423.
School honor society to have fundraiser
CHESTERFIELD — The National Honor Society at Daleville High School will host its second Dairy Queen night on Tuesday from 5 to 8 p.m.
Ten percent of all of the sales will be donated to the scholarship fund for a graduating senior at Daleville High School.
Free information sessions for Healthy Beginnings Class
ANDERSON — Sick and tired of feeling ‘sick and tired?’ Overweight, high blood pressure, diabetes, constipation, high cholesterol, heart disease? Learn how you can reverse disease with a fork and knife. No fads, no gimmicks. No specialty products to buy-just a few simple, sensible lifestyle changes: better choices, and better health.
Healthy Beginnings class will meet at Park Place Church of God, 501 College Drive, Anderson, and begins April 15. Learn more at free information sessions April 9 and 11 at Park Place Church of God at 7 p.m..For information or registration call 621-7557 or 759-9937 Alumni can attend free of charge. Health check and blood draw will be April 14 at the Cross Street Christian School 7-8 a.m. Alumni may get a blood test for $20. Breakfast is included.
AHS Class of ‘48 to meet for lunch
ANDERSON — The Anderson High School Class of 1948 will meet on Friday for its April luncheon at 11:30 a.m. at Rigo’s Restaurant.
Chicken noodles dinner April 17
- Local Briefs
Arrest Log: July 23
Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Monday and Tuesday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- What's Where: July 23 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Wednesday, July 23.
- Local Briefs: July 23 A compilation of local and state news as published in the Wednesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Community Briefs: July 23 A compilation of community news items as published in the Wednesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Local Sports Briefs: July 22 A compilation of news about local sports groups as published in the Tuesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Local Briefs: July 22 A compilation of local and state news as published in the Tuesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Cornerstone celebrating summer session Join Cornerstone staff and students as they celebrate their summer session.
- Community Briefs: July 22 A compilation of community news as published in the Tuesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- What's Where: July 22 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Tuesday, July 22.
- Arrest Log: July 22 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Sunday and Monday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- More Local Briefs Headlines
- Arrest Log: July 23