VFW to hold officer nominations
ANDERSON — The Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 266 Men’s Auxiliary located at 3210 Columbus Avenue will have its first nominations for officers at its 7 p.m. Wednesday meeting.
Korean War veterans meet Monday
ANDERSON — The Anderson Tri-County Chapter 308 of the KWVA (Korean War Veterans Association) will meet at noon Monday at the Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 266, 3210 Columbus Ave.
Any veterans of the Korean War or veterans who served in Korea are invited to attend. Information: Chapter Commander Ray Turpen at 643-7196 or Don Ellwood, secretary-treasurer, at 221-7513.
Cancer survivors form Muncie choir
MUNCIE — Cancer survivors past and present are asked to join Survivor Voices, a celebration choir made up entirely of cancer survivors.
Rehearsal will take place 10 a.m.-noon Saturday at the Muncie Civic Theatre, second floor rehearsal hall, 216 E. Main St.
Information: Denise at Cancer Services of ECI-Little Red Door, 284-9063.
Great Lakes levels low next 6 months
TRAVERSE CITY, Mich. — Water levels across most of the Great Lakes are likely to remain well below average for the next six months, posing continued hardships for commercial vessels and tourist towns that cater to recreational boaters, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers said Wednesday.
The lakes should undergo their usual rise during the warm season, helped by melting of abundant winter snowfall across the region’s northern tier, officials with the Detroit district office said. But it won’t be nearly enough to offset years of declining levels brought on by drought and stepped-up evaporation amid warming temperatures.
Ritz leery of armed school staffers
INDIANAPOLIS — Indiana’s state schools superintendent says legislators are going too far with a proposal that would require all schools to have an employee armed with a loaded gun.
Superintendent Glenda Ritz said Wednesday she believed such decisions on school security should be made by local school districts without mandates from the Legislature.
VFW to hold officer nominations
- Local Briefs
- Arrest Log: Julyu 23 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Monday and Tuesday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- What's Where: July 23 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Wednesday, July 23.
- Local Briefs: July 23 A compilation of local and state news as published in the Wednesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Community Briefs: July 23 A compilation of community news items as published in the Wednesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Local Sports Briefs: July 22 A compilation of news about local sports groups as published in the Tuesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Local Briefs: July 22 A compilation of local and state news as published in the Tuesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Cornerstone celebrating summer session Join Cornerstone staff and students as they celebrate their summer session.
- Community Briefs: July 22 A compilation of community news as published in the Tuesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- What's Where: July 22 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Tuesday, July 22.
- Arrest Log: July 22 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Sunday and Monday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- More Local Briefs Headlines