Third House session set for Monday
ANDERSON — The Anderson/Madison County League of Women Voters and Chamber of Commerce will host the 2013 final Third House Legislative Review at 8 a.m. Monday at the Anderson Public Library, 111 E. 12th St.
Light refreshments will be provided and the public is encouraged to attend.
Second Harvest to receive $3,000 grant
MUNCIE — Second Harvest Food Bank of East Central Indiana has been selected to receive a $3,000 grant as part of the Restaurant Community Grants program from the Darden Foundation, the charitable arm of Darden Restaurants Inc.
The $3,000 will provide 12,000 meals to food insecure residents in Second Harvest’s eight-county service area.
For more information about the Darden Foundation, visit www.dardenfoundation.com. For additional information on Second Harvest Food Bank, visit www.CureHunger.org.
Socrates Café meets Monday
ANDERSON — The Socrates Café meeting will from 7 to 9 p.m. Monday at the Madison County History Center, 7 W. 11th St.
Past members and new people are always welcome. There are no dues, membership requirements, or other obligations.
For more information, email Socrates.Cafe.Anderson@gmail.com or call Mike at 644-0690.
Henry County bridge contract awarded
HENRY COUNTY — The Indiana Department of Transportation will soon overlay the bridge deck at a structure spanning Little Creek on U.S. 36 west of Sulphur Springs in Henry County near the Madison County line.
INDOT officially awarded a District Bridge Project contract to R.A. Myers Construction based on the Muncie company’s low bid of $258,562. There were eight bidders.
A pre-construction meeting will soon be scheduled. At that time, the contractor’s timetable for beginning and completing work should be known. INDOT anticipates that this bridge deck overlay project will be concluded by the end of July.
krM to receive architecture awards
ANDERSON — Anderson’s krM Architecture, founded in 1978, will be recognized for architectural excellence during an awards ceremony April 18 at the Indiana Landmarks Center in Indianapolis.
The American Institute of Architects will be presenting three awards to krM, including one for its design of Anderson University’s York Performance Hall and Galleries.
The $5 million, 24,000-square-foot facility named for lead donors Dr. James York and his wife, Elizabeth, broke ground in May 2011 and featured its first concert on Sept. 23, 2012.
Police ID victim of Fort Wayne shooting
FORT WAYNE — Fort Wayne’s Police Chief says he believes the victim of the city’s latest shooting might have known the individuals who killed him.
Authorities Thursday identified the victim as 17-year-old Elijah Freeman of Fort Wayne. He was the 15th homicide in Allen County this year and 10th since the start of March.
Third House session set for Monday
- Local Briefs
- What's Where: July 31 Local meetings and activities are planned Thursday.
- Community Briefs: July 31 A compilation of community news items as published in the Thursday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Local Briefs: July 31 A compilation of news items of local and statewide interest as published in the Thursday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Arrest Log: July 31 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Tuesday and Wednesday based on Madison County Jail records.
- Arrest Log: July 30 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Monday and Tuesday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- Local briefs: July 30 News items of local and state interest as published in the Wednesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- What's where: July 30 Meetings and local activities scheduled for Wednesday.
- Community Briefs: July 30 A compilation of community news as published in the Wednesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Arrest Log: July 29 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Sunday and Monday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- 50th reunion for Mount Olive Boy Scout Troop 433 Mount Olive Boy Scout Troop 433 of Marion is having a 50th Boy Scout anniversary on Saturday, Sept. 6.
- More Local Briefs Headlines