CHA to host ‘Fair for the Young at Heart’
ANDERSON — Community Hospital Anderson will host the 15th annual Fair for the Young at Heart on Saturday, April 27 at 10 a.m. in the hospital’s lower level. This event for seniors will include health information from local vendors, health screenings, entertainment, a light luncheon and door prizes.
Dr. Bill VanNess, former Community Anderson president/CEO and current state of Indiana health commissioner, will be the speaker.
Call 298-2533 to register. Registration is required, and seating is limited.
Red Hats traveling to Concannon’s Bakery
PENDLETON — The Pendleton Red Hat Chicks will meet April 17 at the Pendleton Methodist Church parking lot at 11:20 a.m. They will then travel to lunch at Concannon’s Bakery Café, 4801 N. Baker Lane, Muncie, at noon.
Members are asked to call Barbara Mercer at 778-3868 to confirm reservations by April 15.
St. Ambrose sets fundraising auction
ANDERSON — The annual St. Ambrose School fundraising auction will be held at the Anderson Country Club on Saturday, April 20. The doors will open along with silent bidding at 6 p.m. Dinner begins at 7 p.m., and the live auction will start at 7:30 p.m. The auction will feature a variety of items, including items donated by local businesses as well as tickets to various attractions and activities.
Cost of dinner is $25 per person and includes a bid ticket. Reservations are required by April 10. To reserve your tickets, or for additional information, call the St. Ambrose School office at 642-8428.
Legion serving up pork chops and fish
MIDDLETOWN — Middletown American Legion Post 216, 450 N. 10th St., Middletown, will serve grilled or broasted pork chops and the usual Friday night special, broasted fish from 5 to 8 p.m.
The public is invited to attend.
The post is family-friendly and is non-smoking.
For more information call 354-4892.
Garden Club to host monthly meeting
PENDLETON — The Pendleton Garden Club will hold its monthly meeting at 7 p.m. Monday, April 15, at the Conservation Building in Falls Park, 520 Falls Park Drive, Pendleton.
The program will be “Preserving your Garden Bounty” by Duane Briar, Master Gardener and Pendleton Garden Club member. Also there will be a plant, bulb and seed exchange.
The public is invited. Refreshments will be served following the meeting.
For more information contact Ellen Elliott at 778-4782.
AHS Class of ‘53 meets for lunch
ANDERSON — The Anderson High School Class of 1953 and guests meet for lunch at MCL Cafeteria at Mounds Mall at 11:30 a.m. the third Monday of each month.
This month’s meeting will be April 15.
Dan’s Fish Fry on April 12
LAPEL — Ford Street United Methodist Church, 925 Ford St., will host a Dan’s Fish and Tenderloin Fry on Friday, April 12, from 4 to 7:30 p.m. in the Smith Hall gymnasium.
The public is invited to have all-you-can eat Dan’s famous fish and hand-breaded tenderloins, a choice of two side dishes, desserts, beverage and community fellowship. Adult tickets are $10, Children ages 6-12 are $5 and children ages 5 and under eat free with purchase of an adult meal.
For more information, call the church office at 534-3314. Proceeds will go to 2013 Ford Street UMC Mission Goals and mortgage debt relief.
CHA to host ‘Fair for the Young at Heart’
- Local Briefs
- What's Where: Aug. 23 Local meetings and activities are planned Saturday.
- Community Briefs: Aug. 23 A compilation of community news as published in the Saturday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- SWAT Challenge to move to Camp Atterbury The 13th Annual Indiana SWAT Challenge will again be hosted by the Delaware County Sheriff's Office, but this year will move to a larger venue.
- Local Briefs: Aug. 23 A compilation of news items of local and statewide interest as published in the Saturday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Church News: Aug. 23 The following are brief Church News items of local interest.
Local Briefs: Aug. 22
A compilation of news items of local and state interest as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Arrest Log: Aug. 22 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Wednesday and Thursday, based on Madison County Jail records.
Community Briefs: Aug. 22
A compilation of community news items as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- What's Where: Aug. 21 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Thursday.
- Local Briefs: Aug. 21 A compilation of local and state news as published in the Thursday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- More Local Briefs Headlines