Ernie’s Heart observes first year
ANDERSON — In celebration of Ernie’s Pet Food Pantry’s first-year anniversary, a party and Doggie Show will be held from noon to 5 p.m. on Saturday at 610 S. Scatterfield Road, Anderson.
Ernie’s Wish List is available at Target Stores on Scatterfield Road.
As part of the celebration, the Madison County Humane Society will bring some adoptable dogs to the party. They will also set up a table with their T-shirts and lots of goodies.
For more information call 425-5407.
Middletown Library celebrates with gifts
MIDDLETOWN -- The Middletown Public Library is celebrating National Library Week with a special gift for children and a drawing for adults.
Children visiting the library April 15-20 will receive a special bank. Adults can enter a drawing to win one of four solar hand calculators.
The savings by using a library are impressive. A new hardback novel in stores is now about $30; new DVDs, $25; magazines, $6; yearly newspaper delivery, $100 plus; and children’s storybook, $18. The cost of a library card: free.
Sunday Zumba to benefit Bids for Kids
ANDERSON — Everyone is invited to join in the fun of a Zumba class as funds are raised for Bids for Kids and the prevention of child abuse. Whether a beginner, expert, or never tried it before, you’ll enjoy this fitness at Madison Park Church of God on Sunday from 3 to 4 p.m.
Registration begins at 2:30 p.m. and free child care will be provided. A $10 donation to Bids for Kids is asked for the class. Information regarding the event or Bids for Kids may be directed to 617-5912.
Legion serving salmon patties
ELWOOD — The Elwood American Legion will serve salmon patties on Friday from 5 to 8 p.m.
Cost is $8 and includes salmon patties, fried potatoes and peas.
The Country Mile Band will entertain from 8 to 11 p.m. No one under 18 years of age is allowed. For more information call 552-1055.
WOW Red Hatters gathering for lunch
DALEVILLE — The April meeting of the WOW Red Hatters of Madison County will be Saturday at Bird’s BBQ on Indiana 67 in Daleville.
Lunch will be at 11 a.m. Come prepared to discuss preferred options for meeting programs in the coming months. Contact Jean Leedy at 642-9514 for more information.
AHS Band to host dinner/dance
ANDERSON — The Anderson High School Band Department will present a dinner/dance, “A Night of Swing,” on Saturday in the cafeteria of Anderson High School.
Featured will be the AHS Jazz Ensemble and Jazz Lab Band and the Madison County Area Director’s Jazz Orchestra.
Dinner will be from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. with music and dancing from 7:30 to 9:45 p.m. Cost is $11 for dinner/dance; $9 for students; and $6 for the dance only.
Dinner will be provided by Anderson High School Band Boosters including deluxe baked potato bar with soup and salad, breadsticks, dessert, lemonade and coffee. For tickets call the AHS Band Office or contact any band member, 641-2037, ext. 920.
Ernie’s Heart observes first year
- Local Briefs
- What's Where: March 11 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Tuesday, March 11.
- Free clinical breast exams offered Community Hospital Anderson offers free clinical breast exams once a month for women in Madison County.
Local Briefs: March 11
A compilation of news items of local and statewide interest as published in Tuesday's edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Arrest Log: March 11 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement, based on Madison County Jail records.
- Community Briefs: March 11 A compilation of community news as published in the Tuesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- What's Where: March 10 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Monday, March 10.
- Second Harvest establishes Senior Citizens Volunteer Club Second Harvest Food Bank of East Central Indiana is looking for volunteers who want to become a part of a newly established Senior Citizens Volunteer Club.
- Arrest Log: March 10 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Saturday and Sunday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- Community Briefs: March 10 A compilation of community news items as published in the Monday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Community Briefs: March 9 A compilation of community news items as published in the Sunday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- More Local Briefs Headlines