Fish fry benefit for Senkowski
ANDERSON — The Knights of Columbus, 1225 Main St., Anderson, will host a fish fry from 5 to 7:30 p.m. tonight.
Proceeds from the night’s event will benefit local wounded veteran Tim Senkowski.
MOB registration set for Thursday
ANDERSON — Merchants Older Buddies (MOB) registration will be from 12:30 to 2 p.m. Thursday at Park Place Community Center, 802 E. Fifth St., Anderson.
The registration offers discounts to those 60 years of age and older at various area merchants for a one-time fee of $4. For more information call Haskett Counts at 643-8843.
Men’s Fellowship serving up pancakes
ALEXANDRIA — A pancake breakfast will be served by the Christian Men’s Fellowship from 8 to 9:30 a.m. Saturday at First Christian Church, 215 W. Berry St., Alexandria.
Cost is $4 for adults and $2 for children for all-you-can-eat pancakes, sausage, coffee, tea, juice and milk.
Tickets may be purchased at the door.
ABC employees to gather for lunch
ANDERSON — All former employees, and guests of Anderson Banking Co. are invited for lunch at Perkins Restaurant, 5033 S. Scatterfield Road, on Monday at noon.
Each guest will order from the menu.
For more information call Sandy Jones at 642-2106 or Doris Richards at 643-7312.
St. Ambrose sets fundraising auction
ANDERSON — The annual St. Ambrose School fundraising auction will be held at the Anderson Country Club on Saturday, April 20. The doors will open along with silent bidding at 6 p.m. Dinner begins at 7 p.m., and the live auction will start at 7:30 p.m. The auction will feature a variety of items, including items donated by local businesses as well as tickets to various attractions and activities.
Cost of dinner is $25 per person and includes a bid ticket. Reservations are required by April 10. To reserve tickets, or for additional information, call the St. Ambrose School office at 642-8428.
Dine & Donate to benefit Bids for Kids
ANDERSON — Greek’s Pizzeria, 6317 Martin Luther King Blvd., will host a Dine & Donate fundraiser from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Monday and Tuesday.
Fifteen percent of all dining bills will be donated to Bids for Kids and applies to dine-in or carry-out.
Flyers are available at the Anderson Noon Exchange Club’s Facebook page, but it is not necessary to have a flyer.
For more information call Paulette Catt at 425-0262.
Chicken noodles dinner moved to April 15
ALEXANDRIA — Due to spring break, the Church Street Commons chicken noodles dinner will be held Monday, April 15, instead of the usual second Monday of the month.
Dinners will be served from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
For deliveries, call 623-5380.
Fish fry benefit for Senkowski
- Local Briefs
- Community Briefs: April 25 A compilation of community news items as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Arrest Log: April 24 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Tuesday and Wednesday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- What's Where: April 24 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Thursday.
- Hospital's ER Department plans annual golf tournament Community Hospital Anderson’s Emergency Department will host its 12th annual golf tournament on Friday, June 20, at The Edge golf course. The Florida-style scramble will begin with a Lifeline helicopter liftoff at 1 p.m.
- Local & State Briefs: April 24 A compilation of local and state news as published in the Thursday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Community Briefs: April 24 A compilation of community news as published in the Thursday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Arrest Log: April 23 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Monday and Tuesday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- Comcast employees volunteer to help Habitat for Humanity On Saturday, from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Madison County Habitat for Humanity members will work with more than 30 Comcast employees, families and friends to beautify the grounds and participate in light interior remodeling.
- Saturday auction fundraiser for Misty Eads On Saturday, a fundraiser auction will be held at Florida Station Church of God, 1045 W. 375N, for Misty Eads who has a rare kidney artery disease called polyarteritis nodosa that requires a kidney transplant.
- What's Where: April 23 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Wednesday.
- More Local Briefs Headlines