Fish fry benefit for Senkowski
ANDERSON — The Knights of Columbus, 1225 Main St., Anderson, will host a fish fry from 5 to 7:30 p.m. tonight.
Proceeds from the night’s event will benefit local wounded veteran Tim Senkowski.
MOB registration set for Thursday
ANDERSON — Merchants Older Buddies (MOB) registration will be from 12:30 to 2 p.m. Thursday at Park Place Community Center, 802 E. Fifth St., Anderson.
The registration offers discounts to those 60 years of age and older at various area merchants for a one-time fee of $4. For more information call Haskett Counts at 643-8843.
Men’s Fellowship serving up pancakes
ALEXANDRIA — A pancake breakfast will be served by the Christian Men’s Fellowship from 8 to 9:30 a.m. Saturday at First Christian Church, 215 W. Berry St., Alexandria.
Cost is $4 for adults and $2 for children for all-you-can-eat pancakes, sausage, coffee, tea, juice and milk.
Tickets may be purchased at the door.
ABC employees to gather for lunch
ANDERSON — All former employees, and guests of Anderson Banking Co. are invited for lunch at Perkins Restaurant, 5033 S. Scatterfield Road, on Monday at noon.
Each guest will order from the menu.
For more information call Sandy Jones at 642-2106 or Doris Richards at 643-7312.
St. Ambrose sets fundraising auction
ANDERSON — The annual St. Ambrose School fundraising auction will be held at the Anderson Country Club on Saturday, April 20. The doors will open along with silent bidding at 6 p.m. Dinner begins at 7 p.m., and the live auction will start at 7:30 p.m. The auction will feature a variety of items, including items donated by local businesses as well as tickets to various attractions and activities.
Cost of dinner is $25 per person and includes a bid ticket. Reservations are required by April 10. To reserve tickets, or for additional information, call the St. Ambrose School office at 642-8428.
Dine & Donate to benefit Bids for Kids
ANDERSON — Greek’s Pizzeria, 6317 Martin Luther King Blvd., will host a Dine & Donate fundraiser from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Monday and Tuesday.
Fifteen percent of all dining bills will be donated to Bids for Kids and applies to dine-in or carry-out.
Flyers are available at the Anderson Noon Exchange Club’s Facebook page, but it is not necessary to have a flyer.
For more information call Paulette Catt at 425-0262.
Chicken noodles dinner moved to April 15
ALEXANDRIA — Due to spring break, the Church Street Commons chicken noodles dinner will be held Monday, April 15, instead of the usual second Monday of the month.
Dinners will be served from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
For deliveries, call 623-5380.
Fish fry benefit for Senkowski
- Local Briefs
- Community Briefs: March 10 A compilation of community news items as published in the Monday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Community Briefs: March 9 A compilation of community news items as published in the Sunday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- What's Where: March 9-15 Local meetings and activities are planned this week.
- In Service: March 9 A compilation of news items featuring Madison County residents serving in the U.S. Armed Forces.
- Jottings: March 9 The following are brief Jottings items of local interest.
Arrest Log: March 9
Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Friday and Saturday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- Arrest Log: March 8 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Thursday and Friday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- Local Briefs: March 7 A compilation of news items of local and statewide interest as published in the Saturday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Church News: March 8 The following are brief Church News items of local interest.
- Local Briefs: March 7 A compilation of local and state news as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- More Local Briefs Headlines