Chicken noodles dinner Tuesday
ANDERSON — Trinity Episcopal Church, 1030 Brown-Delaware St., will have a chicken noodles dinner from 5 to 7 p.m. Tuesday.
The menu includes mashed potatoes, green beans, dessert and a beverage.
Cost is $8 for adults and $3 for children.
AHS Class of ‘60 to meet for lunch
ANDERSON — The Anderson High School Class of 1960 will have its monthly luncheon at 11:30 a.m. Thursday at Perkins Restaurant, 5033 S. Scatterfield Road.
‘Comfort Keepers’ host luncheon
MARKLEVILLE — The Christian Women’s Fellowship “Comfort Keepers” of the East Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in Markleville will have its monthly “God Abundance Meal” on Wednesday, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., in the lower fellowship hall of the church.
The menu includes: pulled barbecue chicken sandwiches, chips, baked beans, slaw, dessert and drink with a freewill offering accepted. The East Christian Church is located at 124 E. Main St. (Indiana 38), and is handicap accessible.
Carryouts will be available, and if you are a shut-in or a small business in the immediate area and would like a carryout delivered, call the church (533-4996) day of the meal or Diane (533-2330) as early as possible.
Next Welcome Home dinner on Friday
ANDERSON — The next Welcome Home dinner for veterans, active military and their families will be held at 6 p.m. Friday at Anderson Church of the Brethren, 741 N. Scatterfield Road.
Speakers will be Diana Graves and Maureen Lambert of the Anderson/Madison County Visitors Bureau.
There is no charge for the dinner. To RSVP, call 649-9231.
National Library Week on April 15-20
SUMMITVILLE — The Hazelbaker Library, 1013 W. Church St., will celebrate National Library Week with daily programs and a book sale that runs all week.
Monday, April 15, listen to ragtime music,” 1 p.m.; Tuesday, April 16, meet Indiana children’s author, Amber Dublin (Book signing), 4 p.m.; Wednesday, April 17, customer appreciation day, cookies and punch served all day; Thursday, April 18, Senior Social, 2-4 p.m.; Friday, April 19, preschool program, 1 p.m.; and Saturday, family movie night, 6 p.m.
For more information, call 536-2335.
CHA Auxiliary to have jewelry sale
ANDERSON — The Community Hospital Anderson Auxiliary will host its annual next-to-new jewelry sale from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday in the conference room located in the lower level of the hospital. The sale will feature all types of gently used jewelry including earrings, necklaces, bracelets, pins, watches, etc. and is open to the public.
Proceeds from the sale benefit the charitable sponsorships of the Auxiliary.
Chicken noodles dinner Tuesday
- Local Briefs
- 24th Back-to-School parade and picnic on Aug. 2 The 24th annual Ollie H. Dixon Back-to-School parade and picnic will be held on Saturday, Aug. 2, in conjunction with the Anderson Parks Department.
- What's Where: July 26 Local meetings and activities are planned Saturday.
- Local Briefs: July 26 A compilation of news items of local and statewide interest as published in the Saturday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Arrest Log: July 26 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Thursday and Friday based on Madison County Jail records.
- Church News: July 26 The following are brief Church News items of local interest.
- Arrest Log: July 25 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Wednesday and Thursday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- Community Briefs: July 25 A compilation of community news as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- What's Where: July 25 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Friday, July 25.
- Support breakfast at Cross Roads Through The Eyes of Special Kids will host its support breakfast from 9 to 10:30 a.m. Saturday at Cross Roads United Methodist Church, 2000 N. Scatterfield Road.
- Arrest Log: July 24 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Tuesday and Wednesday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- More Local Briefs Headlines