Chicken noodles dinner Tuesday
ANDERSON — Trinity Episcopal Church, 1030 Brown-Delaware St., will have a chicken noodles dinner from 5 to 7 p.m. Tuesday.
The menu includes mashed potatoes, green beans, dessert and a beverage.
Cost is $8 for adults and $3 for children.
AHS Class of ‘60 to meet for lunch
ANDERSON — The Anderson High School Class of 1960 will have its monthly luncheon at 11:30 a.m. Thursday at Perkins Restaurant, 5033 S. Scatterfield Road.
‘Comfort Keepers’ host luncheon
MARKLEVILLE — The Christian Women’s Fellowship “Comfort Keepers” of the East Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in Markleville will have its monthly “God Abundance Meal” on Wednesday, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., in the lower fellowship hall of the church.
The menu includes: pulled barbecue chicken sandwiches, chips, baked beans, slaw, dessert and drink with a freewill offering accepted. The East Christian Church is located at 124 E. Main St. (Indiana 38), and is handicap accessible.
Carryouts will be available, and if you are a shut-in or a small business in the immediate area and would like a carryout delivered, call the church (533-4996) day of the meal or Diane (533-2330) as early as possible.
Next Welcome Home dinner on Friday
ANDERSON — The next Welcome Home dinner for veterans, active military and their families will be held at 6 p.m. Friday at Anderson Church of the Brethren, 741 N. Scatterfield Road.
Speakers will be Diana Graves and Maureen Lambert of the Anderson/Madison County Visitors Bureau.
There is no charge for the dinner. To RSVP, call 649-9231.
National Library Week on April 15-20
SUMMITVILLE — The Hazelbaker Library, 1013 W. Church St., will celebrate National Library Week with daily programs and a book sale that runs all week.
Monday, April 15, listen to ragtime music,” 1 p.m.; Tuesday, April 16, meet Indiana children’s author, Amber Dublin (Book signing), 4 p.m.; Wednesday, April 17, customer appreciation day, cookies and punch served all day; Thursday, April 18, Senior Social, 2-4 p.m.; Friday, April 19, preschool program, 1 p.m.; and Saturday, family movie night, 6 p.m.
For more information, call 536-2335.
CHA Auxiliary to have jewelry sale
ANDERSON — The Community Hospital Anderson Auxiliary will host its annual next-to-new jewelry sale from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday in the conference room located in the lower level of the hospital. The sale will feature all types of gently used jewelry including earrings, necklaces, bracelets, pins, watches, etc. and is open to the public.
Proceeds from the sale benefit the charitable sponsorships of the Auxiliary.
Chicken noodles dinner Tuesday
- Local Briefs
- Local Briefs: March 7 A compilation of local and state news as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- What's Where: March 7 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Friday.
- Community Briefs: March 7 A compilation of community news as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- What's Where: March 6 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Thursday, March 6.
- Community Briefs: March 6 A compilation of community news items as published in the Thursday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
Community Briefs: March 5
A compilation of community news items as published in the Wednesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
Local Briefs: March 5
A compilation of news items of local and statewide interest as published in the Wednesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Madison County Choral Festival features choirs from 6 schools Choir students from Alexandria, Elwood, Frankton, Lapel, Madison-Grant and Pendleton Heights will take part in the 2014 Madison County Choral Festival at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 11.
- Arrest Log: March 5 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Monday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- Local Briefs: March 4 A compilation of local and state news as published in the Tuesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- More Local Briefs Headlines