Cummings to speak at tea party meeting
ALEXANDRIA — The next North Madison County Tea Party meeting will feature two speakers. Rodney Cummings, Madison County prosecutor, will speak on guns, the law, and the duties and activities of his office. Jeff Shore, Fall Creek Valley Conservation Club, will speak on a course that the club will offer on carry permits. Questions and answers, and videos will be included as time allows.
The meeting will be 6:30 p.m. Thursday at Emery Lee Auditorium at Beulah Park. The public is invited. For more information, call Phil, 724-2253.
Friends of Mounds State Park to meet
ANDERSON — The Friends of Mounds State Park will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday in the Multipurpose Room in the Nature Center. They will be discussing the smoke house behind the Bronnenberg House, the new shelter house, Bronnenberg House furniture from Conner Prairie farm and the annual plant sale to be held on May 18.
The public is invited and refreshments will be served.
Historical Society expands open hours
ANDERSON — The Madison County Historical Society has extended its open hours. The Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. time slots will now include the third Saturday of each month beginning with Saturday, April 20, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. The intent is to allow weekday workers a chance to visit the exhibits and displays.
The current exhibit, “Happy Trails Remembered” featuring movie cowboys such as Roy Rogers and Gene Autry, will be closing on Friday. The new Anderson Firefighters” exhibit opens on April 20. For information, call 683-0052.
Program slated for veterans
ELWOOD — Community Long Term Care will sponsor an informational program for veterans on Thursday at 3 p.m. at Park Place Assisted Living, 2304 Parkview Lane in Elwood. The Aid and Attendance Pension Benefits can provide up to $1733 per month to a veteran, $1154 per month to a surviving spouse or $2054 to a couple. These benefits can be used for senior care services. This informational program will share information about how to apply for these benefits. Call 298-2533 for more information.
Miriam Project holding logo contest
ANDERSON — Miriam Project Adoption Services announces a logo contest for local talented artists and designers. The Miriam Project holds an annual 5k walk/run and 10k run fundraiser that draws in more than 150 participants from the community and surrounding areas. The contest is to provide a logo for this year’s event. The Miriam Project is accepting entries until April 22, 2013 and will announce the winner by May 6, 2013 on their Facebook page: www.facebook.com/miriamproject.
The winning designer will receive a $150 cash prize, T-shirts and mugs imprinted with the winning logo, and two free entries into this year’s walk/run. The logo will be used in all promotional materials for the event and will represent the fundraiser for this year.
For the official contest rules and to learn how to enter, visit www.miriamproject.org/logocontest.
Cummings to speak at tea party meeting
- Local Briefs
- Arrest Log: April 23 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Monday and Tuesday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- Comcast employees volunteer to help Habitat for Humanity On Saturday, from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Madison County Habitat for Humanity members will work with more than 30 Comcast employees, families and friends to beautify the grounds and participate in light interior remodeling.
- Saturday auction fundraiser for Misty Eads On Saturday, a fundraiser auction will be held at Florida Station Church of God, 1045 W. 375N, for Misty Eads who has a rare kidney artery disease called polyarteritis nodosa that requires a kidney transplant.
- What's Where: April 23 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Wednesday.
Local & State Briefs: April 23
A compilation of local and state news items published Wednesday in The Herald Bulletin.
Community Briefs: April 23
A compilation of community news as published in the Wednesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
Community Briefs: April 22
A compilation of community news as published in the Tuesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Local & State briefs: April 22 A compilation of local and state news briefs, as published Tuesday in The Herald Bulletin.
- Arrest Log: April 22 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Sunday and Monday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- What's Where: April 22 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Tuesday.
- More Local Briefs Headlines