Church hosts Good Friday service
ANDERSON — United in Christ Church, 538 E. 31st St., will have a Good Friday service at 6 p.m.
Among the speakers, Pastor Jones of New Life Apostolic Church will talk on the theme. Hope; AP Clinton Hunter of RFM will speak on Loneliness; Pastor Fred McGhee of Promise Land will speak on Suffering; Pastor White of New Hope Methodist will discuss Forgiveness; Pastor Cooley of Rema Word will speak on Care and Pastor Richardson will discuss Triumph.
Maundy Thursday service scheduled
ANDERSON — Maundy Thursday Service at First Baptist Church, 907 N. Raible, Anderson, is at 7 p.m. Thursday.
This communion service will include a candlelight Tenebrae service led by the First Baptist Temple Choir directed by Alan Erwin.
Baby-sitting classes offered by St. Vincent
ANDERSON — St. Vincent Anderson Regional Hospital is offering a Safe Sitter class Friday and one on Thursday, April 4. Safe Sitter is a medically accurate baby-sitting preparation program designed for boys and girls ages 11 to 13. This program teaches sitters how to have fun with children, to recognize a medical emergency and to respond appropriately. They also learn business aspects of baby-sitting.
The cost is $40, which includes all the learning materials for each one-day class and a backpack of supplies. Enrollment is limited. The class runs from 8:45 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Students should bring a sandwich for lunch. Snacks and beverages are provided.
Parents may enroll their children in the next class by calling St. Vincent Anderson Regional Hospital Community Education Department at 646-8669.
Central Christian service this evening
ANDERSON — Central Christian, at the corner of 10th and Jackson streets, will offer a Maundy Thursday Service at 7 p.m. this evening. The service will feature candlelight, communion and music.
At 7 p.m. on Good Friday in the Schuster Chapel (adjacent to the church - entrance on 10th Street), a memorial service for Jesus will be held. Call 643-6957 for more information.
First Presbyterian has three services
ANDERSON — First Presbyterian Church, 230 West 9th St., will offer three services during Holy Week. Chosen People Ministries will be present “Messiah in the Passover” on Maundy Thursday at 7 p.m.
CCAA (Christian Clergy Association of Anderson) will sponsor an ecumenical Good Friday service at noon. Easter service will be at 10:20 a.m. Sunday.
Egg hunt, bicycle giveaway is Saturday
ANDERSON — An Easter egg hunt and bicycle giveaway will be held on Saturday from noon to 4 p.m. at Jackson Park, West 22nd Street and Raible Avenue, Anderson.
The egg hunt will begin at 12:30 p.m. with a talent show at 2 p.m. You must be present to win.
The event is hosted by the Peerless Lodge, Queenz of Clubz and Trina Jackson.
Church hosts Good Friday service
- Local Briefs
- Arrest Log: Julyu 23 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Monday and Tuesday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- What's Where: July 23 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Wednesday, July 23.
- Local Briefs: July 23 A compilation of local and state news as published in the Wednesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Community Briefs: July 23 A compilation of community news items as published in the Wednesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Local Sports Briefs: July 22 A compilation of news about local sports groups as published in the Tuesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Local Briefs: July 22 A compilation of local and state news as published in the Tuesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Cornerstone celebrating summer session Join Cornerstone staff and students as they celebrate their summer session.
- Community Briefs: July 22 A compilation of community news as published in the Tuesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- What's Where: July 22 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Tuesday, July 22.
- Arrest Log: July 22 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Sunday and Monday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- More Local Briefs Headlines