Daybreak celebrates 16th year
ANDERSON — Daybreak Adult Day Services, 1304 Main St., will celebrate its 16-year anniversary from 3 to 5 p.m. Friday. Daybreak offers a safe environment for participants and peace of mind for families.
Those interested in the program are invited to stop in for a piece of cake and celebrate the anniversary. For information about Daybreak call Diane Sexton-Parker at 640-1065.
Legion serving up Saturday breakfast
ANDERSON — The George Hockett American Legion Post 127, 4118 Columbus Ave., Anderson, will hold an all-you-can-eat breakfast on Saturday from 7:30 to 10:30 a.m.
The menu is biscuits and sausage gravy, hash browns. scrambled eggs, sausage patties, pancakes and drinks for $5.
CHA offers Better Breathers Club
ANDERSON — The next Better Breathers meeting will be on Wednesday, April 24, at 1 p.m., at the Community Anderson Education Center, 1923 N. Madison Ave., Anderson.
Robin Brunton, registered occupational therapist with ProCare Rehabilitation Services, will be the guest speaker. For information or to RSVP, contact Dawana Felty at 298-5178.
Market hosting ‘Girls Night Out’ April 27
MARKLEVILLE — The Markleville Farmers Market is hosting a “Girls Night Out” from 6 to 9 p.m. Saturday, April 27, at the Hardy Building, Ind. 38, Markleville.
There is no admission. There will be door prizes and free snacks. Shopping will be provided by local business women and shops. There will be a massage therapist with chair massages, a nail tech and lots of shopping available. This event is open to the public (adult ladies only).
Dan’s Fish Fry to help Operation Love
ANDERSON — A Dan’s Fish Fry in support of Operation Love Ministries will be held from 4 to 7:30 p.m. Friday at Wesley Free Methodist Church, 3017 W. Eighth St., Anderson.
Proceeds go to Operation Love which assists those in need in Madison County with food, financial assistance, pharmaceutical aide, household items, and clothing. The menu will include all-you-can-eat fish and chicken. Cost is $9 for adults; $5 for children 6-12;and children under five, eat free.
Art show helps Special Olympics
ANDERSON — Primrose Retirement Community, 1118 W. Cross St., will host an art show, live jazz music and a silent auction from 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday, April 23. All proceeds benefit the Special Olympics.
For information, call Carissa or Hervey at 643-5000.
Pet nail, microchip clinic planned
ANDERSON — The Madison County Humane Society, 2219 Crystal St., will conduct its monthly nail and microchip clinic and heartworm testing from 1 to 4 p.m. Saturday at the shelter.
Cost is $5 for nail trim, $10 heartworm test and $20 for microchipping. No appointment is necessary. Pets must be on a leash.
A Night of Dancing in Alexandria
ALEXANDRIA – Alexandria Community Band hosts an evening of dancing to Big Band, swing and jazz music on Saturday, April 20 at 7 p.m. at Church Street Commons, 204 W. Church St.. The evening will feature the award-winning Alexandria High School Jazz Band and winners of Anderson Paramount’s “Dancing Like the Stars.”
Cox’s Supermarket will provide cookies and soft drinks, included in the ticket price. Tickets are $7.50, students with ID get in for $5, and a table for 6 is $40. Tickets are limited and can be ordered from any ACB member or from the Alexandria Monroe Chamber of Commerce. For information, contact email@example.com or 724-9234.
Daybreak celebrates 16th year
- Local Briefs
- Community Briefs: March 9 A compilation of community news items as published in the Sunday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- What's Where: March 9-15 Local meetings and activities are planned this week.
- In Service: March 9 A compilation of news items featuring Madison County residents serving in the U.S. Armed Forces.
- Jottings: March 9 The following are brief Jottings items of local interest.
Arrest Log: March 9
Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Friday and Saturday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- Arrest Log: March 8 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Thursday and Friday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- Local Briefs: March 7 A compilation of news items of local and statewide interest as published in the Saturday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Church News: March 8 The following are brief Church News items of local interest.
- Local Briefs: March 7 A compilation of local and state news as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- What's Where: March 7 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Friday.
- More Local Briefs Headlines