Alcohol server program Sunday
ANDERSON — A certified alcohol server training program is scheduled for Sunday from 3 to 5 p.m. at the Polish Club at 3535 Forrest Terrace.
Cost is $25 and you may register at the door. For more information, call 644-9902.
Sparks to speak to Onward Alliance
ANDERSON — Onward Alliance will conduct its business meeting on Saturday at 10 a.m. at the United Auto Workers meeting room located at the corner of 29th Street and Madison Avenue.
Guest speaker will be Rob Sparks, executive director for Anderson/Madison County Corporation for Economic Development. He will be discussing the Mounds Lake Proposal at 11 a.m.
Free screenings offered April 22
PENDLETON — St. Vincent Anderson Regional Hospital will be offering free cholesterol and glucose screenings Monday by appointment from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Pendleton YMCA, 6511 S. Indiana 67, just past Huntsville Road. To schedule an appointment, call the YMCA at 221-7508.
A small blood sample will be taken from a finger stick. After the results are calculated, individuals will be able to talk to a nurse educator.
Melanie Morris, coordinator, will be available to discuss how she can assist individuals 65 and older.
Upcoming Spanish course in Pendleton
PENDLETON — Monica Ferro, a native Spanish speaker from Uruguay, will teach a six-week Spanish course starting on Saturday and ending on May 25 at Pendleton Community Library. The class will take place each Saturday from 1 to 2 p.m.
The course will cover basic Spanish expressions and will emphasize the diversity of the Spanish-speaking world. Hispanic food, history, society, music, literature and art will all play important roles in the series.
The course is open to anyone, no matter where they live. A suggested donation for the course of $5 per one-hour class or $25 for the entire course will be accepted by the library.
Register for class by calling the library at 778-7527.
Chili supper and art show tonight
PENDLETON — Tonight from 4 to 7 p.m., the Friends of the Pendleton Community Public Library will sponsor a chili supper in the Falls Park Community Building.
Cost is $5, which includes a bowl of chili, crackers, choice of dessert, and a drink.
After dinner, visit the Pendleton Heights High School Class Art Show from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Pendleton Historic Museum.
Money raised at the supper supports the Friends of the Pendleton Community Public Library.
Disclosure rules changes considered
INDIANAPOLIS — Indiana House Speaker Brian Bosma said Thursday he’s considering changes to rules governing what lawmakers must disclose about their personal and financial ties, after learning about a powerful state representative’s work helping a client of his lobbyist daughter.
The Indianapolis Republican said part-time lawmakers in Indiana and other states often face potential conflicts with their jobs outside the Statehouse of their family’s interests, making it hard to require members recuse themselves from issues. The answer, he said, is to seek as much public disclosure as possible.
Alcohol server program Sunday
- Local Briefs
- 24th Back-to-School parade and picnic on Aug. 2 The 24th annual Ollie H. Dixon Back-to-School parade and picnic will be held on Saturday, Aug. 2, in conjunction with the Anderson Parks Department.
- What's Where: July 26 Local meetings and activities are planned Saturday.
- Local Briefs: July 26 A compilation of news items of local and statewide interest as published in the Saturday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Arrest Log: July 26 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Thursday and Friday based on Madison County Jail records.
- Church News: July 26 The following are brief Church News items of local interest.
- Arrest Log: July 25 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Wednesday and Thursday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- Community Briefs: July 25 A compilation of community news as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- What's Where: July 25 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Friday, July 25.
- Support breakfast at Cross Roads Through The Eyes of Special Kids will host its support breakfast from 9 to 10:30 a.m. Saturday at Cross Roads United Methodist Church, 2000 N. Scatterfield Road.
- Arrest Log: July 24 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Tuesday and Wednesday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- More Local Briefs Headlines