Firm recognized as a top work place
INDIANAPOLIS — Celadon Group Inc. announced that it was named to “The Indianapolis Star Top Workplaces” list of the best places to work in Central Indiana. Well over 100 companies participated in the program and Celadon earned the 13 the rank in the large business category for the Top Workplaces Award.
Celadon Group currently employs over 450 people in Central Indiana and is looking to hire around 500 more by 2022. They currently have numerous job openings in Central Indiana, including Customer Relationship Analyst, Local and Dedicated Coordinator, Management Trainee, Load Planner, Contract Analyst and drivers. Celadon Group Inc. ( www.celadongroup.com ), through its subsidiaries, provides long-haul and regional, full-truckload freight service across the United States, Canada and Mexico.
Ivy Tech to host ServSafe class
MUNCIE — Ivy Tech Corporate College will host a ServSafe class and certification exam on Friday, May 3, at the Cowan Road campus, 4301 S. Cowan Road, Muncie.
The ServSafe class and certification exam will take place from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. and cost $159. Those interested in taking the certification exam without the class can do so from 2 to 5 p.m. for $60. The registration deadline is Friday, April 23. To register, contact Libby Petro at 289-2291, ext. 1309 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ServSafe program is the restaurant and food service industry’s leading food safety training. The course is designed to assist employees in the food service industry with the knowledge needed to successfully pass the ServSafe certification exam.
Topics covered are providing safe food, contamination, food allergies, food borne illness, safe food handling, purchasing and receiving safe food, keeping food safe in storage, protecting food in preparation and serving, sanitary facilities and equipment, and sanitation regulations.
Customers can talk to Vectren online
INDIANAPOLIS — In addition to traditional customer service methods of phone and email, Vectren customers can now communicate with the company via live online chat at a computer or tablet or via Twitter from a computer, tablet or smartphone. Online chat allows a customer to chat directly with a customer service specialist between the hours of 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. EDT.
To access online chat, visit the Contact Us section on www.vectren.com. To use Vectren’s customer service Twitter option, simply choose to follow @VectrenIndiana from any Twitter account.
Firm recognized as a top work place
- Local Briefs
- Arrest Log: April 23 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Monday and Tuesday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- Comcast employees volunteer to help Habitat for Humanity On Saturday, from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Madison County Habitat for Humanity members will work with more than 30 Comcast employees, families and friends to beautify the grounds and participate in light interior remodeling.
- Saturday auction fundraiser for Misty Eads On Saturday, a fundraiser auction will be held at Florida Station Church of God, 1045 W. 375N, for Misty Eads who has a rare kidney artery disease called polyarteritis nodosa that requires a kidney transplant.
- What's Where: April 23 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Wednesday.
Local & State Briefs: April 23
A compilation of local and state news items published Wednesday in The Herald Bulletin.
Community Briefs: April 23
A compilation of community news as published in the Wednesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
Community Briefs: April 22
A compilation of community news as published in the Tuesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Local & State briefs: April 22 A compilation of local and state news briefs, as published Tuesday in The Herald Bulletin.
- Arrest Log: April 22 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Sunday and Monday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- What's Where: April 22 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Tuesday.
- More Local Briefs Headlines