Motorcyclists sought for fundraiser ride
ANDERSON — Motorcyclists are wanted for a ride this Saturday as a fundraiser for Cub Scouts Pack 325 (kids ages 6-10) to pay for their summer camp.
The ride will start at Double T Leather, 3320 Columbus Ave., Anderson, with registration from 9 to 11:45 a.m. The ride begins at noon and ends at First Baptist Church, 907 N. Raible Ave., Anderson.
Cost is $10 per ride and $10 per passenger.
For a full list of prizes contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alcohol server program Saturday
ANDERSON — A certified alcohol server training program is scheduled for Saturday from 3 to 5 p.m. at the Polish Club at 3535 Forrest Terrace, Anderson.
Cost is $25 and you may register at the door. For more information call 644-9902.
Eagles hosting Saturday fundraiser
ANDERSON — The Eagles Lodge 174, 1315 Meridian St., will host a charity fundraising event for the Peyton Manning Children’s Hospital on Saturday.
A silent auction will take place with activities all day. Breakfast will be served from 8 to 11 a.m. A vegetable soup lunch will be held from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and a beef and noodle dinner is scheduled from 5 to 7 p.m.
Entertainment will be provided by the Flying Eagles of Muncie at 2 p.m. and Miss Sharlet and the Closet Rockers from 7:30 to 11:30 p.m.
AU presents ‘Spring into Dance 8’
ANDERSON — The dance division within the School of Music, Theatre, and Dance at Anderson University will present “Spring into Dance 8,” the annual faculty and guest artist concert at Reardon Auditorium on Friday at 7:30 p.m. and Saturday at 2:30 p.m.
Tickets are $15 for adults, $12 for seniors, AU faculty and alumni, $10 for AU students and $5 for children ages 6-10. Children 6 and under will be admitted free. Tickets may be purchased at the door or in advance by calling the AU School of Music, Theatre, and Dance at 641-4543 or (800) 619-3047.
Coin Club to host Saturday show
ANDERSON — The Madison County Coin Club coin show will be held from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday at the National Guard Armory, 125 S. Scatterfield Road, Anderson.
Harvest Bible Church hosts dinner
PENDLETON — A chicken and noodle dinner will be held from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. Friday at Harvest Bible Fellowship (former Mount Gilead Church) on County Road 50 West, Pendleton. A freewill donation will be accepted.
Euchre tournament set for Saturday
MARKLEVILLE — The Markleville euchre tournament will be held at the Town Hall on Saturday from 2 to 4 p.m.
There will be snacks and prizes. For more information, call Karen Mace at 748-0552.
10th Street to host Literacy Night
ANDERSON — For its Literacy Night, 10th Street Elementary will be hosting WTHR Channel 13’s SkyTrack traveling weather team for a night of weather exploration and a televised report from the school. Literacy Night begins at 6 p.m. Thursday in the gym. Parents and children can enter through the parent pick-up doors on the west side of the building.
Motorcyclists sought for fundraiser ride
- Local Briefs
- What's Where: Aug. 23 Local meetings and activities are planned Saturday.
- Community Briefs: Aug. 23 A compilation of community news as published in the Saturday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- SWAT Challenge to move to Camp Atterbury The 13th Annual Indiana SWAT Challenge will again be hosted by the Delaware County Sheriff's Office, but this year will move to a larger venue.
- Local Briefs: Aug. 23 A compilation of news items of local and statewide interest as published in the Saturday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Church News: Aug. 23 The following are brief Church News items of local interest.
Local Briefs: Aug. 22
A compilation of news items of local and state interest as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Arrest Log: Aug. 22 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Wednesday and Thursday, based on Madison County Jail records.
Community Briefs: Aug. 22
A compilation of community news items as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- What's Where: Aug. 21 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Thursday.
- Local Briefs: Aug. 21 A compilation of local and state news as published in the Thursday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- More Local Briefs Headlines