Apostolic Heritage Conference set
ANDERSON — Christ Temple Apostolic Church, 1610 W. 22nd St., will host the 2013 Apostolic Heritage Conference May 1-3 with services at 7 p.m. nightly. Host pastor is District Elder Eddie Robinson.
The speaker on May 1 will be Elder Alfred Amos of Bethel Tabernacle, Indianapolis. Pastor Joel Urshan of the First Apostolic Church of Cincinnati will speak on May 2, and on May 3, Bishop Charles Sims of Calvary Community Church of Columbus, Ind., will be the speaker.
Day of Prayer to be observed May 2
ANDERSON — Southern Heights Christian Church, 5401 S. Madison Ave., will host an observance of the National Day of Prayer at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, May 2.
The Lions of Judah Choir from Liberty Christian School will be the special guests. The event is open to the community and free of charge.
Hear the ‘Sounds of Park Place’ April 28
ANDERSON — Park Place Church of God, 501 College Drive, will present “The Sounds of Park Place” at 6 p.m. Sunday evening, April 28. Enjoy favorites from the Sanctuary Choir, One Accord Adult Handbell Choir and the Park Place Band as well as Allen Lucas and Shirley King Coolidge on the organ and Randy Hammel on piano.
A night of worship and refreshment will be hosted by Pastor Carma Wood, with Nik and Cailee Krieger as narrators.
For more information call 642-0216 or visit www.ppchog.org.
‘Latter Rain’ duo to perform April 28
ANDERSON — “Latter Rain,” the duo with Russ and Louise McMillion, will be in concert at 10:30 a.m. Sunday, April 28 at Gethsemane Foursquare Church, 2320 38th St.
Ushers to celebrate 23 years
ANDERSON — The Ushers of New Jerusalem Missionary Baptist Church, 2318 Sheridan St., will celebrate their 23rd anniversary at 4 p.m. Sunday. Pastor Victor Richardson and the New Zion church family will be guests.
Brewer to speak at AU Chapel
ANDERSON — Dr. Guy Brewer, Professor of Pastoral Theology, will be preaching at the Anderson University School of Theology Chapel at 11 a.m. Tuesday. As part of the preaching series on the Stained Glass window in Miller Chapel, he will be speaking on Service.
This will also be the commissioning service for graduates. Jennifer Wilson will lead worship and Arlo Newell will serve as Chaplain in Residence.
Watson ordination set for April 28
ANDERSON — Pastor Anthony D. Harris and Church Upon The Rock will hold an Ordination Service of Minister William Watson at 4 p.m. Sunday, April 28.
The theme will be “When It Pleases God,” from Galatians 1:15-16.
The guest speaker will be Pastor Rick Sleet from St. John’s Missionary Baptist Church, Fort Wayne.
Water in2 Wine in concert Sunday
ANDERSON — Water in2 Wine will be in concert at 10:30 a.m. Sunday at the Eastview Church of the Nazarene, 2552 E. 200S, Anderson.
Water in2 Wine is an inspiration group made up of brothers Jonathan and Aaron Ashlock, born to missionary parents.
While studying at Indiana Wesleyan University, they produced their first CD in 2000, with several of Aaron’s original songs on it.
Bethany hosts revival services
ANDERSON — Revival services with Evangelist Gary Shock will be held Sunday through Friday at Bethany Baptist Church, 323 E. School St., Anderson. Sunday services will be at 10 a.m. for Sunday Bible Study and at 11 a.m. for worship service.
Monday through Friday evening Revival services are at 7 p.m.
Gospel Sing planned at Trinity
ANDERSON — Trinity Episcopal Church, 1030 Brown-Delaware St., Anderson, will host a Gospel Sing on Friday at 6:30 p.m. in the church fellowship hall. The free event is open to public. It will be an informal opportunity to sing many beloved gospel songs and hymns.
Beth Tabor is organizing the event and will lead many of the songs.
Family movie night at St. Matthew
ANDERSON — St. Matthew United Methodist Church, 1512 N. Madison Ave., Anderson, will host a family movie night on Sunday, April 28, at 7 p.m. in Wesley Hall. Admission is free and each family is encouraged to bring snack foods to share. The movie, “Faith like Potatoes”, is the story of how a hardened and prejudiced man’s quest for material success is transformed after a personal crisis and spiritual awakening into a passionate love for God and people.
Special guest flautist, Sydney Hunt, will accompany the sanctuary choir at the 9:30 a.m. worship service this Sunday. The choir will sing Heather Sorenson’s “Hiding in the Shadow of God” (“Send the Rain”).
Apostolic Heritage Conference set
- Local Briefs
- Arrest Log: July 25 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Wednesday and Thursday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- Community Briefs: July 25 A compilation of community news as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- What's Where: July 25 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Friday, July 25.
- Support breakfast at Cross Roads Through The Eyes of Special Kids will host its support breakfast from 9 to 10:30 a.m. Saturday at Cross Roads United Methodist Church, 2000 N. Scatterfield Road.
- Arrest Log: July 24 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Tuesday and Wednesday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- Community Briefs: July 24 A compilation of community news items as published in the Thursday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
Arrest Log: July 23
Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Monday and Tuesday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- What's Where: July 23 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Wednesday, July 23.
- Local Briefs: July 23 A compilation of local and state news as published in the Wednesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Community Briefs: July 23 A compilation of community news items as published in the Wednesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- More Local Briefs Headlines