• Community blood drive, 1-4:15 p.m., lower level parking lot, The Herald Bulletin, 1133 Jackson St.
• Anderson Board of Public Works, 3 p.m., Room 503, Anderson city building.
• Police vs. Firefighters rib eating contest, 6 p.m.; 5 p.m., fire truck, K-9 visit, Texas Roadhouse, 2115 Scatterfield Road.
• East Side Crime Watch meeting, 6:30 p.m., parlor, East Side Church of God, East Fifth Street.
• Anderson Horseshoe Association, 7 p.m., Warren Miller Park, 2700 Madison Ave.
Notices of local public meetings and events should be sent to What’s Where, P.O. Box 1090, Anderson 46015; faxed to (765) 640-4815; or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view and post more local events in the community's online calendar, visit heraldbulletin.com/events.