Web design class for small businesses
ANDERSON — The Anderson Public Library will host a “Website Design for Small Businesses” class at 6 p.m. Thursday. This free class will provide information about the key aspects of good website design, different website hosts and design templates, how to sell your products online, and how to effectively market your website.
Registration is required. Register online at www.andersonlibrary.net or by calling 641-2456.
Cemetery group meets today
ANDERSON — The Madison County Cemetery Commission will meet at 6 p.m. today at the Anderson Public Library, 111 E. 12th St.
Various township pioneer cemeteries will be discussed. The public is welcome.
Honor Guard seeks members
ANDERSON — The Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 266 Honor Guard located, 3210 Columbus Ave., is looking for a few good men or women to join them. The person does not have to be a member of the VFW Post 266 but, must be a current or have a life membership at an American Legion, SAL, AMVETS, DAV, or VFW in the Madison County area.
For more information call 642-8561 or stop by the post and leave a message for Herbert Lashure.
Anderson Public Library closed Easter
ANDERSON — Anderson Public Library will be closed Sunday in observance of Easter. The Main Library will reopen Monday at 9:30 a.m. and the Lapel Branch will reopen at 10 a.m.
Spring Fling raffle tickets on sale
ANDERSON — Community Hospital Anderson’s Auxiliary is currently selling tickets for a “Spring Fling raffle.” The prize package includes two tickets to Beef and Boards dinner theatre, including a private table, two gourmet desserts or non-alcoholic beverages. Also included in the package is $150 in cash. The tickets are good for one year and can be used for any show, date and time.
Raffle tickets can be purchased in the Community Anderson gift shop for $1 apiece or 6 for $5. The drawing will be held on Thursday at noon. The raffle raises money that benefits many charitable sponsorships of the Auxiliary.
Blast neighborhood marks new beginning
INDIANAPOLIS — An Indianapolis neighborhood where an explosion killed a married couple and left 33 homes so damaged they had to be demolished is marking a new beginning with a groundbreaking on a new home.
Vicky Koerner broke ground on a new home Tuesday in the Richmond Hill subdivision after her damaged home was torn down in December.
A neighborhood resident, her boyfriend and his brother each face about 50 charges including murder, arson and conspiracy in connection with the Nov. 10 blast.
Alexandria-Monroe school seeks grant
ALEXANDRIA — Alexandria-Monroe Intermediate School is in the process of applying for a grant from Monsanto to help immerse students in a one-to-one learning environment with upgraded technology.
The school is asking local farmers to log on to growruraleducation.com and click ‘nominate now’ to show support for the school. For more information, contact Principal Chris Schnepp at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Web design class for small businesses
- Local Briefs
- What's Where: Dec. 12 Local meetings and activities planned for Thursday.
- Arrest Log: Dec. 11 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Monday and Tuesday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- What's Where: Dec. 11 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Wednesday.
- Community Briefs: Dec. 11 A compilation of community news as published in the Wednesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Inaugural Help Portrait event set for Saturday The inaugural Help Portrait Anderson event will take place on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at The Anderson Center for the Arts.
- Federal official to present Affordable Care Act program A presentation on the Affordable Care Act has been set for 5:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Anderson Public Library. 111 E. 12th St. The session is open to the public.
- What's Where: Dec. 10 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Tuesday.
- Local Briefs: Dec.10 A compilation of local and state news as published in the Tuesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Community Briefs: Dec. 10 A compilation of community news as published in the Tuesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Arrest Log: Dec. 9 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Saturday and Sunday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- More Local Briefs Headlines