Big Band series tickets on sale
ANDERSON — Tickets are on sale for the Paramount Big Band Series featuring Carolyn Martin’s Swing Band. This new generation band from Nashville, Tenn. brings big band music into the 21st century. The performance is 7:30 p.m. on Thursday, May 16.
Tickets are $25 and are available at the Paramount Box office, by phone at 642-1234, or online at www.andersonparamount.org. Students with current ID can purchase a ticket for a single concert for only $10.
Flea Boutique & Yart sale is May 25
ANDERSON — Ernie’s Heart Flea Boutique & Yart Sale will be held from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, May 25.
If you’re downsizing, spring cleaning, or going through things and would like to donate, items may be dropped off at 610 S. Scatterfield Road, Anderson, at Attention 2 Detail or by calling 425-5407 to arrange drop off.
There will be home decor, furniture, wall art, lamps, mirrors, housewares, purses, jewelry, accessories, tools, yard and garden items. Original artwork and crafts from artists and craftspeople are also accepted as well as repurposed, upcycled, restored and transformed pieces.
Anderson set for Honeywell Center
WABASH — Legendary singer/songwriter Bill Anderson will be in concert at 7:30 p.m. Saturday, May 18, at the Honeywell Center in Wabash.
Bill Anderson, known as “Whispering Bill,” is a million-album selling recording artist many times over, and has added television game show host and network soap opera star to his resume.
Tickets are $25, $35, and $50, and can be purchased at the box office from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday by calling (260) 563-1102 or by visiting www.honeywellcenter.org.
AHS Class of ‘47 meeting for lunch
ANDERSON — The Anderson High School Class of 1947 will meet for its monthly luncheon at 11 a.m. Thursday at Perkins Family Restaurant, 5033 S. Scatterfield Road, Anderson.
All class member and friends are welcome.
Gardeners to hold plant sale
ALEXANDRIA — The Madison County Master Gardener Association will hold its annual plant sale on Saturday from 9 a.m. to noon at the 4-H Building in Alexandria.
Offered will be perennials, bushes, trees, annuals, vegetable plants, herbs and miscellaneous. Proceeds are used to provide scholarships for college students majoring in horticultural studies.
For more information contact Errol Grant, president of MCMGA at 621-2576.
Mainstage Theatre holds auditions
ANDERSON — Auditions will be held this weekend for Anderson’s Mainstage Theatre production of “The Comedy of Errors.”
Auditions are 3-5 p.m. May 11-12 at Central Christian Church, 10th & Jackson streets, Anderson.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for another time.
Find audition information and more at www.mainstagetheatre.org
Big Band series tickets on sale
- Local Briefs
- Arrest Log: July 30 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Monday and Tuesday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- Local briefs: July 30 News items of local and state interest as published in the Wednesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- What's where: July 30 Meetings and local activities scheduled for Wednesday.
- Community Briefs: July 30 A compilation of community news as published in the Wednesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Arrest Log: July 29 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Sunday and Monday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- 50th reunion for Mount Olive Boy Scout Troop 433 Mount Olive Boy Scout Troop 433 of Marion is having a 50th Boy Scout anniversary on Saturday, Sept. 6.
Local Briefs: July 29
A compilation of news items of local and statewide interest as published in the Tuesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Community Briefs: July 29 A compilation of community news items as published in the Tuesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Arrest Log: July 28 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday based on Madison County Jail records.
- What's Where: July 28 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Monday, July 28.
- More Local Briefs Headlines