Tri Kappa fundraiser at restaurant
ANDERSON — Tri Kappa will host a fundraiser from 5 to 9 p.m. Tuesday at Garfield’s Restaurant at Mounds Mall, 2109 S. Scatterfield Road.
Ten percent of all meal receipts will be donated to the Tri Kappa chapter in Anderson.
Proceeds will help to fund scholarships for local high school seniors.
Heritage Days group hosts breakfast
FRANKTON — The Frankton Heritage Days Committee will host a fundraiser breakfast from 8 to 10 a.m. Saturday at the Heritage Days Building.
Cost is $3.50 for adults and $2 for children under 12. The menu will include biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs and potatoes, coffee, milk and juice.
Ax-wielding man damages clinic
INDIANAPOLIS — Southern Indiana police have arrested a man who allegedly used an ax to smash windows and damage computers at a Planned Parenthood clinic in Bloomington.
Bloomington police arrested 27-year-old Benjamin D. Curell on Thursday on preliminary burglary and criminal mischief charges.
Ex-Indiana Guard employee indicted
INDIANAPOLIS — A former Indiana National Guard employee faces federal charges alleging that she bilked the agency out of more than $200,000 by making unauthorized purchased of everything from jewelry to household appliances.
The U.S. Attorney’s office says 51-year-old Angela Watson of Indianapolis was indicted Thursday on wire fraud charges for allegedly using her position as a program analyst to make those purchases.
Man removed items before home blast
INDIANAPOLIS — Search warrants show a man accused of rigging a fatal house explosion in Indianapolis removed his personal belongings from the home a week before the blast.
Records released Thursday also show police sought cellphone records that would confirm a Nov. 2 phone call in which Mark Leonard allegedly told a friend his house had exploded. That call came a week before the actual Nov. 10 blast, following an alleged failed first attempt to destroy the home.
Orphaned beaver needs home
BLOOMINGTON — A southern Indiana wildlife rescue group is seeking a permanent home for a beaver found orphaned at 3 weeks old. The beaver now named Lily has lived at WildCare Inc. for a year. Lily is half grown and weighs 20 pounds.
WildCare expects to keep the beaver another year until she is full-grown. But general manager Jennifer Cunningham says Lily has metabolic bone disease and can’t be returned to the wild.
The group is seeking a sanctuary, a zoo or another rehabilitation center with more room and staff to take Lily.
Tri Kappa fundraiser at restaurant
- Local Briefs
- Local & State briefs A compilation of news from Madison County and around the state.
- Community Briefs: Aug. 2 A compilation of community news items as published in the Saturday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
Local Briefs: Aug. 1
News items of local and state interest as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
Arrest Log: Aug. 1
Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Wednesday and Thursday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- What's Where: Aug. 1 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Friday.
- Community Briefs: Aug. 1 A compilation of community news items as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- What's Where: July 31 Local meetings and activities are planned Thursday.
- Community Briefs: July 31 A compilation of community news items as published in the Thursday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Local Briefs: July 31 A compilation of news items of local and statewide interest as published in the Thursday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Arrest Log: July 31 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Tuesday and Wednesday based on Madison County Jail records.
- More Local Briefs Headlines