Wounded Warrior fundraiser Saturday
ANDERSON — Ruby Tuesday, 5530 Scatterfield Road, Anderson, will host a fundraiser for the Wounded Warrior Project Saturday and Sunday and again on Saturday, April 20 and Sunday, April 21.
Flyers will be passed out at noon today at Ruby Tuesday. They will then donate 20 percent of your purchase to the organization.
Officer nominations set for Tuesday
PENDLETON — The AMVETS Post 26 Pendleton will be holding nominations for officers Tuesday at 6 p.m. at the regular meeting. Officers to be nominated are commander, two vice commanders, provost marshal, judge advocate, finance officer and two trustees for three-year terms.
Athletic Park event Saturday at Coopers
ANDERSON — A fundraiser for Athletic Park swimming pool is set from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Coopers Sports Bowl, 1920 E. 53rd St. Check-in will be at 4:30 p.m.
Tickets are $12 per person and will include three games of bowling and shoes. Funds raised will help restore the historical Athletic Park swimming pool.
Community Northview egg hunt Saturday
ANDERSON — Community Northview, 1235 W. Cross St., Anderson, will host its annual Easter egg hunt Saturday at 10 a.m. (rain or shine).
Age groups 2-4, 5-7 and 8-10 will have a chance to find an egg with the word bunny and win a special prize.
Every child will receive a small prize for attending.
For more information, call Tawna Gaines at 298-2540.
Five hurt in Crane explosion
INDIANAPOLIS — A spokesman says an explosion at a southern Indiana naval installation sent five employees to the hospital. Officials had reported Friday morning that four employees were hospitalized following the explosion, but they later said that five workers had been hospitalized.
Crane Army Ammunition Activity spokesman Tom Peske says Thursday evening’s explosion happened during routine cleanup operations at a pyrotechnic facility at the Crane Naval Surface Warfare Center about 85 miles southwest of Indianapolis. The five injured employees were examined and released from the hospital Thursday.
Man gets 30 years for molestation
TERRE HAUTE — A Terre Haute man has been sentenced to 30 years in prison after pleading guilty to child molestation. Timothy L. Sanders Jr., 25, received the sentence in Vigo Superior Court 5. He was given credit for time served in the Vigo County Jail since his arrest, and was ordered to register as a sex offender upon release from prison.
Sanders was arrested in 2012 in a Vigo County Sheriff’s investigation of a 12-year-old girl’s disappearance. Detectives found that the child had willingly gone to the home where Sanders was staying.
Wounded Warrior fundraiser Saturday
- Local Briefs
- Arrest Log: July 30 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Monday and Tuesday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- Local briefs: July 30 News items of local and state interest as published in the Wednesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- What's where: July 30 Meetings and local activities scheduled for Wednesday.
- Community Briefs: July 30 A compilation of community news as published in the Wednesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Arrest Log: July 29 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Sunday and Monday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- 50th reunion for Mount Olive Boy Scout Troop 433 Mount Olive Boy Scout Troop 433 of Marion is having a 50th Boy Scout anniversary on Saturday, Sept. 6.
Local Briefs: July 29
A compilation of news items of local and statewide interest as published in the Tuesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Community Briefs: July 29 A compilation of community news items as published in the Tuesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Arrest Log: July 28 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday based on Madison County Jail records.
- What's Where: July 28 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Monday, July 28.
- More Local Briefs Headlines