Pond workshop on Saturday
ANDERSON — A pond workshop with certified fisheries professional Jason Doll will be from 10 a.m., to noon Saturday in the Miami Room at Anderson Public Library. The event is sponsored by the Madison County Soil and Water Conservation District.
Some of the topics included will be maintaining water quality and test, what fish to stock, fish kills and biological control of vegetation.
RSVP by calling 644-4249, ext. 3.
Legion’s officer nominations April 9
ANDERSON — American Legion Post 127, 4118 Columbus Ave., will have its first nominations for officers at its Tuesday, April 9, meeting at 6:30 p.m.
Candlelight vigil scheduled April 16
ANDERSON — A candlelight vigil in observance of Child Abuse Awareness Month will be held from 7 to 7:45 p.m. on Tuesday, April 16, at 2009 Brown St.
In the event of inclement weather this event will take place inside Aspire’s offices at 2020 Brown St.
The event is being hosted by Aspire Counseling Services, Children’s Bureau Inc., East Central Indiana CASA Inc., Indiana Department of Child Services and the Madison County Prevent Child Abuse Council.
Ivy Tech to host Holocaust survivor
MARION — Ivy Tech Community College is hosting Eva Mozes Kor, a Holocaust survivor, who will share her story and discuss the importance of forgiveness Thursday, April 18, at 2 p.m. and again at 7 p.m. The event will take place at the Ivy Tech Marion Conference Center, 261 S. Commerce Drive, Marion.
Kor founded CANDLES Holocaust Museum and Education Center in 1995 to educate the public about eugenics, the Holocaust, and the power of forgiveness. Kor received international attention when she publicly forgave the Nazis for what had been done to her.
This event is free and open to the public. A book signing will follow. RSVP to Susan Banker 651-3100, ext. 3301 or firstname.lastname@example.org by April 15.
Cemetery Association to meet
DALEVILLE — The annual meeting of the Mount Pleasant Cemetery Association will be held at 7 p.m. Tuesday, April 16, at Mount Pleasant Church, 4101 S. Highbanks Road, north of Daleville. Anyone interested in the cemetery is invited to come.
For more information, call Jean Anthes at 759-8776.
Gary council member pleads guilty to tax evasion
GARY — A Gary city council member has pleaded guilty to tax evasion, admitting she has not filed an income tax return since 1991.
Federal prosecutors alleged Marilyn Krusas had not only failed to file returns, but had attempted to conceal an inheritance of $232,000. She agreed to plead guilty as part of a plea agreement filed Monday in U.S. District Court.
Pond workshop on Saturday
- Local Briefs
- What's Where: Aug. 23 Local meetings and activities are planned Saturday.
- Community Briefs: Aug. 23 A compilation of community news as published in the Saturday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- SWAT Challenge to move to Camp Atterbury The 13th Annual Indiana SWAT Challenge will again be hosted by the Delaware County Sheriff's Office, but this year will move to a larger venue.
- Local Briefs: Aug. 23 A compilation of news items of local and statewide interest as published in the Saturday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Church News: Aug. 23 The following are brief Church News items of local interest.
Local Briefs: Aug. 22
A compilation of news items of local and state interest as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Arrest Log: Aug. 22 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Wednesday and Thursday, based on Madison County Jail records.
Community Briefs: Aug. 22
A compilation of community news items as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- What's Where: Aug. 21 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Thursday.
- Local Briefs: Aug. 21 A compilation of local and state news as published in the Thursday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- More Local Briefs Headlines