Chicken noodles dinner April 17
ANDERSON — North Anderson Wesleyan Church, 1947 E. 240N, will host a chicken noodles dinner from 5 to 6:45 p.m. Wednesday, April 17.
A freewill donation will be accepted.
Lunafest to feature films about women
ANDERSON — A program of nine short films all by, for and about women will be shown at 2 p.m. Saturday, April 13, at The Anderson Center for the Arts, 32 W. 10th St. Lunafest is being sponsored by Soroptimist International of Anderson.
The films celebrate the unique and inspirational roles of women in local, national and international communities.
All of the event’s proceeds are donated to charity, benefiting The Breast Cancer Fund and other Soroptimist projects including educational grants for women and girls.
Doors will open at 1 p.m. for snacks and silent auction.
Tickets are $20 through Soroptimist members or by calling 642-6734.
Retired secretaries to gather for lunch
ANDERSON — Retired secretaries of Anderson Community Schools will meet for lunch at 12:30 p.m. Monday at the MCL Cafeteria in Mounds Mall.
The group meets the second Monday of each month.
For more information, call N. Bradford at 643-4444.
All-you-can-eat soup supper on Saturday
ANDERSON — Cross Roads United Methodist Church, 2000 N. Scatterfield Road, will host an all-you-can-eat soup supper from 4 to 7 p.m. Saturday.
The menu includes potato soup, chili, ham and beans, vegetable soup, green pepper soup, chicken noodle soup, corn muffins, crackers, dessert and drink.
Cost is $6.50 for 12 and over; $4 for children 5-11; and children under 4 eat free. Carryout meals will be available.
For more information, call 642-8061 or 642-3423.
School honor society to have fundraiser
CHESTERFIELD — The National Honor Society at Daleville High School will host its second Dairy Queen night on Tuesday from 5 to 8 p.m.
Ten percent of all of the sales will be donated to the scholarship fund for a graduating senior at Daleville High School.
Chicken noodles dinner April 17
- Local Briefs
- Local Briefs: Dec. 6 A compilation of local news as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Arrest Log: Dec. 6 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Wednesday and Thursday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- What's Where: Dec. 6 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Friday.
- Nightlife: Dec. 6 Live entertainment is scheduled this weekend at local venues, as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
Weekend calendar: Dec. 6-8
Entertainment activities are scheduled today through Sunday, as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
Recent donations push fund drive over $1,200
Eight new donations, bringing the total received to $1,205, were received recently for The Herald Bulletin’s Empty Stocking Fund, which kicked off Nov. 17:
- Community Briefs: Dec. 6 A compilation of community news items as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Christmas Gift & Craft Show at mall this weekend The Mounds Mall will be filled with holiday magic this weekend as 95 vendors fill the open spaces and offer a vast array of holiday crafts, baked goods, personal and home products of every kind, and items perfect for Christmas gift giving.
- Community Briefs: Dec. 5 A compilation of community news as published in the Thursday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Person of the Year nominations sought The Herald Bulletin needs your help in selecting the 2013 community Person of the Year.
- More Local Briefs Headlines