Deripaska receives Cooper award
MUNCIE — Anna Deripaska, a senior chemistry major from Zionsville living in Anderson, was awarded the Cooper Student Science Award on March 27 at Ball State University. This award was established by the late Dr. and Mrs. Robert Cooper, a professor and department head for several years, to recognize outstanding students who are taking academic work in one or more of the science departments at the university at the time of the granting of the award.
The criteria for this award is not based on financial or scholastics but on the following: the student shall neither use tobacco, alcohol in any form, or illegal drugs and shall be of good moral character.
At the award ceremony the academic science department presents a certificate and a monetary stipend to be used by the student at his/her discretion. This award is given annually.
Robinson graduating from Purdue
WEST LAFAYETTE — Kimberly Robinson, a 2003 graduate of Highland High School, will be receiving her Ph.D. from Purdue University, Department of Forestry and Natural Resources, on May 10.
She is specializing in water resource management and land use planning in the Great Lakes Region. She has developed an online website with, maps, data and land use planning aids involved in the decision making process.
This includes water quality and quantity issues, as well as conserving already clean sources of water.
DiRuzza named valedictorian
RENSSELAER — Senior Adrienne DiRuzza of Alexandria has been named the St. Joseph’s College Class of 2013 valedictorian. A biology-wildlife ecology major and mathematics minor, DiRuzza plans to attend Texas A&M University in two years to study marine biology. Her ultimate goal is to research sea turtles and participate in their conservation.
DiRuzza is the daughter of Nick and Mary Anne DiRuzza. She attended Alexandria-Monroe High School in Alexandria. During her time at SJC, DiRuzza was a member of the volleyball and track and field teams, math tutor, campus gardener, teacher’s aide, Indiana Space Grant Consortium Vernier LoggerPro Workshop Assistant, and a member of the Sustainability Coalition, Science Club, and Student Athlete Advisory Committee.
Deripaska receives Cooper award
- Local Briefs
- Arrest Log: March 8 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Thursday and Friday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- Local Briefs: March 7 A compilation of news items of local and statewide interest as published in the Saturday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Church News: March 8 The following are brief Church News items of local interest.
- Local Briefs: March 7 A compilation of local and state news as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- What's Where: March 7 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Friday.
- Community Briefs: March 7 A compilation of community news as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- What's Where: March 6 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Thursday, March 6.
- Community Briefs: March 6 A compilation of community news items as published in the Thursday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
Community Briefs: March 5
A compilation of community news items as published in the Wednesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
Local Briefs: March 5
A compilation of news items of local and statewide interest as published in the Wednesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- More Local Briefs Headlines