Health fair for veterans is Saturday
ANDERSON — American Legion Post 127, 4118 Columbus Ave., is hosting a Veterans Health Fair on Saturday from noon to 4 p.m.
All veterans, widows or widowers of a veteran and their dependents are welcome. Madison County Veterans Affairs Office staff will be there to offer assistance.
Bryan to discuss suicide prevention
MUNCIE — Heidi Bryan — a national suicide prevention advocate, suicide attempt survivor and suicide loss survivor — will be sharing her story Thursday night in Ball State’s Pruis Hall.
In her presentation at 7:30 p.m., Bryan will tell how those in attendance can make a difference and help someone at risk for suicide.
The program by the East Central Indiana Suicide Prevention Coalition is free and open to the public.
Home buying seminar scheduled
MUNCIE — PathStone will have a home buying seminar on Saturday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., at Coldwell Banker Lunsford, 3601 W. Bethel Ave. The session will provide information on the process, with an emphasis on tips for first-time homebuyers.
Carolyn Cline, of Coldwell Banker Lunsford, and Rick Baldwin, of Preferred Capital, will be guest speakers.
Registration is required; call PathStone at 286-2162.
Holocaust Observance today
INDIANAPOLIS — More than 300 students, elected and appointed officials and members of the community will attend the 15th annual Holocaust Observance: Honoring the Rescuers today from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. at the Indiana Statehouse Rotunda. The Statehouse program will be highlighted by a student presentation by the Hasten Hebrew Academy of Indianapolis.
INDOT offering transit update
MUNCIE — The Indiana Department of Transportation is conducting a regional coordinated public transit-human services transportation plan update meeting for Grant, Henry, Delaware, and five other eastern counties.
The public meeting will be on April 25 from 10 a.m. to noon at the Open Door Health Center, 905 S. Madison St., Muncie.
Those unable to attend may send comments to Zach Kincade at: firstname.lastname@example.org or to RLS & Associates Inc., 3131 S. Dixie Hwy. Suite 545, Dayton, OH 45439.
Moratorium set on new wind farms
TIPTON — Tipton County commissioners voted Monday to suspend acceptance of new zoning applications for wind farms through Oct. 1 or until the county’s ordinance that sets restrictions on wind farms is amended.
The moratorium won’t affect zoning officials’ approval for juwi Wind’s plans for up to 94 wind turbines capable of generating up to 150 megawatts of power.
This would likely not impact the Wildcat Windfarm, which straddles the border of Madison and Tipton counties, since it is not new. Also, possible plans for further development would be in Howard and Grant counties.
Health fair for veterans is Saturday
- Local Briefs
- Community Briefs: Aug. 1 A compilation of community news items as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- What's Where: July 31 Local meetings and activities are planned Thursday.
- Community Briefs: July 31 A compilation of community news items as published in the Thursday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Local Briefs: July 31 A compilation of news items of local and statewide interest as published in the Thursday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Arrest Log: July 31 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Tuesday and Wednesday based on Madison County Jail records.
- Arrest Log: July 30 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Monday and Tuesday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- Local briefs: July 30 News items of local and state interest as published in the Wednesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- What's where: July 30 Meetings and local activities scheduled for Wednesday.
- Community Briefs: July 30 A compilation of community news as published in the Wednesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Arrest Log: July 29 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Sunday and Monday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- More Local Briefs Headlines