Legion serving salmon patties
ELWOOD — The Elwood American Legion will serve salmon patties today from 5 to 8 p.m. Cost is $8 and includes salmon patties, fried potatoes and peas.
The Country Mile Band will entertain from 8 to 11 p.m. No one under 18 years of age is allowed. For more information, call 552-1055.
Lapel Legion hosting Sunday breakfast
LAPEL — The Lapel American Legion will host an all-you-can-eat breakfast from 7:30 to 10:30 a.m. Sunday.
The menu includes eggs your way, fried potatoes, sausage gravy and biscuits, pancakes, French toast, juice and coffee. Cost is $6 per person.
Community Hospital sets weight program
ANDERSON — Community Hospital Anderson is offering an eight-week weight management program, open to the public. The class is taught by a registered dietitian and meets once a week for eight weeks. Meeting dates are all Tuesdays from 12 to 12:30 p.m. from April 16 to June 4. The cost is $75.
Participants will receive education sessions, an individualized meal plan, dining out guide, weigh-ins and one on one consultations with a registered dietitian who is certified in adult weight management. Space is limited to the first 20 registered individuals. The class will be held in the Diabetes Care Center located in the lower level of the 1601 Building, on the Community Anderson campus.
Call 298-5193 to register.
Zumba-thon to benefit Bids for Kids
ANDERSON — A Zumba-thon will be held from 3 to 4 p.m. Sunday will be held at Madison Park Church of God, 6607 Providence Drive, Anderson. Registration begins at 2:30 p.m.
Cost is $10 per person. Free child care is provided.
The event will benefit Bids for Kids. The Bids for Kids Live TV Auction will be held April 26-27 at Reardon Auditorium. For more information call 635-4048.
Third Base Pub to host fundraiser
ANDERSON — Don and Sherry’s Third Base Pub, 225 E. 13th St., Anderson, will host a cancer fundraiser for Debbie Likens from noon to 5 p.m. Saturday.
Proceeds will help Likens pay for her transportation to an Indianapolis hospital for treatments and medication.
There will be food, music, 50/50, raffles. Plates will be sold with a donation per serving. If you’d like to make a donation, call 643-3713.
WOW Red Hatters gathering for lunch
DALEVILLE — The April meeting of WOW Red Hatters of Madison County will be Saturday at Bird’s BBQ on Ind. 67 in Daleville.
Lunch will be at 11 a.m. Come prepared to discuss preferred options for programs in the coming months. For information, call Jean Leedy at 642-9514.
K of C serving up chicken and noodles
ANDERSON — The Knights of Columbus, 1225 Main St., Anderson, will host Father Bob’s Famous chicken and noodle dinner from 4 to 7 p.m. on Tuesday.
Ticket prices are $7 for adults and $3.50 for children under 12. Reduced prices are available for families of six or more.
All proceeds go to the St. Mary’s Scholarship Fund. Carry-outs are available. For information, call Mary Ann at 642-5339.
Legion serving salmon patties
- Local Briefs
- Local Briefs: Dec. 6 A compilation of local news as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Arrest Log: Dec. 6 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Wednesday and Thursday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- What's Where: Dec. 6 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Friday.
- Nightlife: Dec. 6 Live entertainment is scheduled this weekend at local venues, as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
Weekend calendar: Dec. 6-8
Entertainment activities are scheduled today through Sunday, as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
Recent donations push fund drive over $1,200
Eight new donations, bringing the total received to $1,205, were received recently for The Herald Bulletin’s Empty Stocking Fund, which kicked off Nov. 17:
- Community Briefs: Dec. 6 A compilation of community news items as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Christmas Gift & Craft Show at mall this weekend The Mounds Mall will be filled with holiday magic this weekend as 95 vendors fill the open spaces and offer a vast array of holiday crafts, baked goods, personal and home products of every kind, and items perfect for Christmas gift giving.
- Community Briefs: Dec. 5 A compilation of community news as published in the Thursday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Person of the Year nominations sought The Herald Bulletin needs your help in selecting the 2013 community Person of the Year.
- More Local Briefs Headlines