Legion serving salmon patties
ELWOOD — The Elwood American Legion will serve salmon patties today from 5 to 8 p.m. Cost is $8 and includes salmon patties, fried potatoes and peas.
The Country Mile Band will entertain from 8 to 11 p.m. No one under 18 years of age is allowed. For more information, call 552-1055.
Lapel Legion hosting Sunday breakfast
LAPEL — The Lapel American Legion will host an all-you-can-eat breakfast from 7:30 to 10:30 a.m. Sunday.
The menu includes eggs your way, fried potatoes, sausage gravy and biscuits, pancakes, French toast, juice and coffee. Cost is $6 per person.
Community Hospital sets weight program
ANDERSON — Community Hospital Anderson is offering an eight-week weight management program, open to the public. The class is taught by a registered dietitian and meets once a week for eight weeks. Meeting dates are all Tuesdays from 12 to 12:30 p.m. from April 16 to June 4. The cost is $75.
Participants will receive education sessions, an individualized meal plan, dining out guide, weigh-ins and one on one consultations with a registered dietitian who is certified in adult weight management. Space is limited to the first 20 registered individuals. The class will be held in the Diabetes Care Center located in the lower level of the 1601 Building, on the Community Anderson campus.
Call 298-5193 to register.
Zumba-thon to benefit Bids for Kids
ANDERSON — A Zumba-thon will be held from 3 to 4 p.m. Sunday will be held at Madison Park Church of God, 6607 Providence Drive, Anderson. Registration begins at 2:30 p.m.
Cost is $10 per person. Free child care is provided.
The event will benefit Bids for Kids. The Bids for Kids Live TV Auction will be held April 26-27 at Reardon Auditorium. For more information call 635-4048.
Third Base Pub to host fundraiser
ANDERSON — Don and Sherry’s Third Base Pub, 225 E. 13th St., Anderson, will host a cancer fundraiser for Debbie Likens from noon to 5 p.m. Saturday.
Proceeds will help Likens pay for her transportation to an Indianapolis hospital for treatments and medication.
There will be food, music, 50/50, raffles. Plates will be sold with a donation per serving. If you’d like to make a donation, call 643-3713.
WOW Red Hatters gathering for lunch
DALEVILLE — The April meeting of WOW Red Hatters of Madison County will be Saturday at Bird’s BBQ on Ind. 67 in Daleville.
Lunch will be at 11 a.m. Come prepared to discuss preferred options for programs in the coming months. For information, call Jean Leedy at 642-9514.
K of C serving up chicken and noodles
ANDERSON — The Knights of Columbus, 1225 Main St., Anderson, will host Father Bob’s Famous chicken and noodle dinner from 4 to 7 p.m. on Tuesday.
Ticket prices are $7 for adults and $3.50 for children under 12. Reduced prices are available for families of six or more.
All proceeds go to the St. Mary’s Scholarship Fund. Carry-outs are available. For information, call Mary Ann at 642-5339.
Legion serving salmon patties
- Local Briefs
- Arrest Log: July 29 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Sunday and Monday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- 50th reunion for Mount Olive Boy Scout Troop 433 Mount Olive Boy Scout Troop 433 of Marion is having a 50th Boy Scout anniversary on Saturday, Sept. 6.
Local Briefs: July 29
A compilation of news items of local and statewide interest as published in the Tuesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Community Briefs: July 29 A compilation of community news items as published in the Tuesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Arrest Log: July 28 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday based on Madison County Jail records.
- What's Where: July 28 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Monday, July 28.
- Markleville Jamboree begins July 31 Is your baby the prettiest? Does your pet do amazing tricks? Do you bake, sew, craft? Do you like tractors? If any of this sounds like you, you're invited to join in the contests at the Markleville Jamboree.
- Arrest Log: July 27 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Friday and Saturday based on Madison County Jail records.
- Community Briefs: July 27 A compilation of community news items as published in the Sunday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- What's Where: July 27-Aug. 2 Local meetings and activities are scheduled this week.
- More Local Briefs Headlines