AHS Class of ‘62 to gather for lunch
ANDERSON — The Anderson High School Class of ‘62 will host its monthy luncheon at 11 a.m. today at the Golden Corral in Anderson. All members and spouses are welcome.
A Night of Dancing in Alexandria
ALEXANDRIA — The Alexandria Community Band hosts an evening of dancing to Big Band, swing and jazz music Saturday at 7 p.m. at Church Street Commons, 204 W. Church St.
The evening will feature the Alexandria High School Jazz Band and winners of Anderson Paramount’s “Dancing Like the Stars.”
Cox’s Supermarket will provide cookies and soft drinks, included in the ticket price. Tickets are $7.50, students with ID get in for $5, and a table for six is $40. Tickets are limited and can be ordered from any ACB member or from the Alexandria Monroe Chamber of Commerce. For information, contact email@example.com or 724-9234.
Market hosting ‘Girls Night Out’
MARKLEVILLE — The Markleville Farmers Market is hosting a “Girls Night Out” from 6 to 9 p.m. Saturday, April 27, at the Hardy Building, Indiana 38.
There is no admission fee. There will be door prizes and free snacks. Shopping will be provided by local business women and shops. There will be a massage therapist with chair massages, a nail tech and lots of shopping available. This event is open to the public (adult ladies only).
‘Vintage Hats’ program is April 24
ANDERSON — The Women’s League of The Anderson Center for the Arts will meet Wednesday at 10 a.m. Because of last month’s meeting cancellation, the program was rescheduled. Marilyn Lenhart will speak about vintage hats.
Coffee and refreshments will be served prior to the meeting and the public is invited to attend. The Anderson Center for the Arts is at 32 W. 10th St. For more information, call 649-1248 or visit www.andersonart.org.
Women’s Christian Temperance has rally
AKRON — The Women’s Christian Temperance Union will meet for its Mid-Year Rally on Saturday at the Akron Public Library in Akron in Fulton County. The Saturday meeting will convene at 9:30 a.m. with State President Sarah Ward presiding. Brunch begins at 9 a.m. with the day’s activities concluding at 2:30 p.m.
This year’s theme is “Open Doors of Opportunity.” Lynn Allyn Young will be the 10:30 a.m. session’s guest speaker with Cheryl Roland of Marion speaking at the 1:30 p.m. session.
Orphan Train program at library
PENDLETON — Folksinger, storyteller and autoharp virtuoso Adam Miller comes to the Pendleton Community Library at 2 p.m. Sunday to present a program on the Orphan Train Movement.
The orphan trains ran between 1854 and 1929, relocating an estimated 200,000 orphaned, abandoned, and homeless children from crowded coastal cities to the Midwest for adoption. The program is free and open to the public.
Register by calling the library at 778-7527 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
AHS Class of ‘62 to gather for lunch
- Local Briefs
- Community Briefs: April 25 A compilation of community news items as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Arrest Log: April 24 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Tuesday and Wednesday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- What's Where: April 24 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Thursday.
- Hospital's ER Department plans annual golf tournament Community Hospital Anderson’s Emergency Department will host its 12th annual golf tournament on Friday, June 20, at The Edge golf course. The Florida-style scramble will begin with a Lifeline helicopter liftoff at 1 p.m.
- Local & State Briefs: April 24 A compilation of local and state news as published in the Thursday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Community Briefs: April 24 A compilation of community news as published in the Thursday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Arrest Log: April 23 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Monday and Tuesday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- Comcast employees volunteer to help Habitat for Humanity On Saturday, from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Madison County Habitat for Humanity members will work with more than 30 Comcast employees, families and friends to beautify the grounds and participate in light interior remodeling.
- Saturday auction fundraiser for Misty Eads On Saturday, a fundraiser auction will be held at Florida Station Church of God, 1045 W. 375N, for Misty Eads who has a rare kidney artery disease called polyarteritis nodosa that requires a kidney transplant.
- What's Where: April 23 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Wednesday.
- More Local Briefs Headlines