Help needed identifying body
ANDERSON — Marian Dunnichay, Madison County coroner, is looking for help in positively identifying a deceased female, 65-70 years of age, who was found at her residence at 3332 E. Eighth St., Anderson, on March 30.
“It is believed that the deceased is LeAnn Lennen but we are asking for anyone who might be a relative, friend, former doctor or dentist to contact us,” Dunnichay said. “There were documents found in the home that had a different first name on them.”
“Foul play is not suspected. She appears to have died of natural causes,” Dunnichay said.
Fresh produce giveaway Wednesday
ANDERSON — A fresh produce giveaway will be held at 2 p.m. Wednesday (while supplies last) at The Anderson Impact Center, 630 Nichol Ave., Anderson.
This is a collaboration with Second Harvest Food Bank of East Central Indiana.
Individuals are encouraged to bring their own bags.
Second Harvest Tailgate in Elwood
ELWOOD — Second Harvest Food Bank of East Central Indiana will provide food for families in need at a Tailgate distribution on Thursday in the Elwood and Summitville area.
The Second Harvest Tailgate will be held at St. Joseph Catholic Church, 1306 South A St., Elwood, from 2 to 4 p.m. (while supplies last.) Cars should enter the parking lot from South A Street and exit on Main Street.
For information: firstname.lastname@example.org or www.curehunger.org.
Alexandria plans annual CARE Day
ALEXANDRIA — The next CARE Day meeting will be held at 6 p.m. Thursday at the Alexandria Monroe Chamber office, 125 N Wayne St.
Small Town USA is gearing up for its annual spring cleaning.
CARE Day on May 18 will entail planting flowers, painting trash barrels, washing windows, sweeping sidewalks, picking up trash and cleaning up parking lots, etc.
Anyone interested in helping (in person or with a donation) can attend one of the organizational meetings or call the Chamber of Commerce office at 724-3144.
Help needed identifying body
- Local Briefs
- Local Briefs: April 17 A compilation of news items of local and statewide interest as published in the Thursday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- What's Where: April 17 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Thursday.
- Arrest Log: April 17 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Tuesday and Wednesday, based on Madison County Jail records.
Community Briefs: April 17
A compilation of community news items as published in the Thursday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Arrest Log: April 16 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Monday and Tuesday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- What's Where: April 16 Local meetings and activities are scheduled for Wednesday, April 16.
- Free skin cancer screenings offered During May, when Skin Cancer Awareness Month is observed, two skin cancer screenings are being planned on the St. Vincent Anderson Regional Hospital campus.
- Community Briefs: April 16 A compilation of community news as published in the Wednesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Local Briefs: April 16 A compilation of local and state news as published in the Wednesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Local Briefs: April 15 A compilation of local and state news as published in the Tuesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- More Local Briefs Headlines