Help needed identifying body
ANDERSON — Marian Dunnichay, Madison County coroner, is looking for help in positively identifying a deceased female, 65-70 years of age, who was found at her residence at 3332 E. Eighth St., Anderson, on March 30.
“It is believed that the deceased is LeAnn Lennen but we are asking for anyone who might be a relative, friend, former doctor or dentist to contact us,” Dunnichay said. “There were documents found in the home that had a different first name on them.”
“Foul play is not suspected. She appears to have died of natural causes,” Dunnichay said.
Fresh produce giveaway Wednesday
ANDERSON — A fresh produce giveaway will be held at 2 p.m. Wednesday (while supplies last) at The Anderson Impact Center, 630 Nichol Ave., Anderson.
This is a collaboration with Second Harvest Food Bank of East Central Indiana.
Individuals are encouraged to bring their own bags.
Second Harvest Tailgate in Elwood
ELWOOD — Second Harvest Food Bank of East Central Indiana will provide food for families in need at a Tailgate distribution on Thursday in the Elwood and Summitville area.
The Second Harvest Tailgate will be held at St. Joseph Catholic Church, 1306 South A St., Elwood, from 2 to 4 p.m. (while supplies last.) Cars should enter the parking lot from South A Street and exit on Main Street.
For information: email@example.com or www.curehunger.org.
Alexandria plans annual CARE Day
ALEXANDRIA — The next CARE Day meeting will be held at 6 p.m. Thursday at the Alexandria Monroe Chamber office, 125 N Wayne St.
Small Town USA is gearing up for its annual spring cleaning.
CARE Day on May 18 will entail planting flowers, painting trash barrels, washing windows, sweeping sidewalks, picking up trash and cleaning up parking lots, etc.
Anyone interested in helping (in person or with a donation) can attend one of the organizational meetings or call the Chamber of Commerce office at 724-3144.
Help needed identifying body
- Local Briefs
- Arrest Log: July 28 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday based on Madison County Jail records.
- What's Where: July 28 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Monday, July 28.
- Markleville Jamboree begins July 31 Is your baby the prettiest? Does your pet do amazing tricks? Do you bake, sew, craft? Do you like tractors? If any of this sounds like you, you're invited to join in the contests at the Markleville Jamboree.
- Arrest Log: July 27 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Friday and Saturday based on Madison County Jail records.
- Community Briefs: July 27 A compilation of community news items as published in the Sunday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- What's Where: July 27-Aug. 2 Local meetings and activities are scheduled this week.
- What's Where: July 27 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Sunday.
- 24th Back-to-School parade and picnic on Aug. 2 The 24th annual Ollie H. Dixon Back-to-School parade and picnic will be held on Saturday, Aug. 2, in conjunction with the Anderson Parks Department.
- What's Where: July 26 Local meetings and activities are planned Saturday.
- Local Briefs: July 26 A compilation of news items of local and statewide interest as published in the Saturday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- More Local Briefs Headlines