Help needed identifying body
ANDERSON — Marian Dunnichay, Madison County coroner, is looking for help in positively identifying a deceased female, 65-70 years of age, who was found at her residence at 3332 E. Eighth St., Anderson, on March 30.
“It is believed that the deceased is LeAnn Lennen but we are asking for anyone who might be a relative, friend, former doctor or dentist to contact us,” Dunnichay said. “There were documents found in the home that had a different first name on them.”
“Foul play is not suspected. She appears to have died of natural causes,” Dunnichay said.
Fresh produce giveaway Wednesday
ANDERSON — A fresh produce giveaway will be held at 2 p.m. Wednesday (while supplies last) at The Anderson Impact Center, 630 Nichol Ave., Anderson.
This is a collaboration with Second Harvest Food Bank of East Central Indiana.
Individuals are encouraged to bring their own bags.
Second Harvest Tailgate in Elwood
ELWOOD — Second Harvest Food Bank of East Central Indiana will provide food for families in need at a Tailgate distribution on Thursday in the Elwood and Summitville area.
The Second Harvest Tailgate will be held at St. Joseph Catholic Church, 1306 South A St., Elwood, from 2 to 4 p.m. (while supplies last.) Cars should enter the parking lot from South A Street and exit on Main Street.
For information: firstname.lastname@example.org or www.curehunger.org.
Alexandria plans annual CARE Day
ALEXANDRIA — The next CARE Day meeting will be held at 6 p.m. Thursday at the Alexandria Monroe Chamber office, 125 N Wayne St.
Small Town USA is gearing up for its annual spring cleaning.
CARE Day on May 18 will entail planting flowers, painting trash barrels, washing windows, sweeping sidewalks, picking up trash and cleaning up parking lots, etc.
Anyone interested in helping (in person or with a donation) can attend one of the organizational meetings or call the Chamber of Commerce office at 724-3144.
Help needed identifying body
- Local Briefs
- Arrest Log: April 23 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Monday and Tuesday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- Comcast employees volunteer to help Habitat for Humanity On Saturday, from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Madison County Habitat for Humanity members will work with more than 30 Comcast employees, families and friends to beautify the grounds and participate in light interior remodeling.
- Saturday auction fundraiser for Misty Eads On Saturday, a fundraiser auction will be held at Florida Station Church of God, 1045 W. 375N, for Misty Eads who has a rare kidney artery disease called polyarteritis nodosa that requires a kidney transplant.
- What's Where: April 23 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Wednesday.
Local & State Briefs: April 23
A compilation of local and state news items published Wednesday in The Herald Bulletin.
Community Briefs: April 23
A compilation of community news as published in the Wednesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
Community Briefs: April 22
A compilation of community news as published in the Tuesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Local & State briefs: April 22 A compilation of local and state news briefs, as published Tuesday in The Herald Bulletin.
- Arrest Log: April 22 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Sunday and Monday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- What's Where: April 22 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Tuesday.
- More Local Briefs Headlines