Eagles hosting Saturday breakfast
ANDERSON — The Anderson Eagles Aerie 174, 1315 Meridian St., will host an all-you-can-eat breakfast from 9 to 11 a.m. Saturday downstairs in the Mirror Room.
The cost is $6. The menu includes sausage gravy and biscuits, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, hash browns, toast, coffee and juice.
Spring Revival begins Friday
ANDERSON — East Side House of Prayer will hold a Spring Revival Friday through Sunday with Pastor Bill Hilligoss speaking each night. Times are Friday and Saturday at 7 p.m. and Sunday at 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. There will be special music each service.
Pastor Jim Boicourt extends an invitation to everyone. For more information, call 779-4122.
Library to host teen Read ’n’ Feed Festival
ANDERSON — Anderson Public Library is set to host its first Teen Read ’n’ Feed Festival, an expansion of the successful Read ’n’ Feed program. On Saturday, authors S.A. Bodeen, Brenda Maxfield, Mike Mullin and Steve Sheinkin will speak during sessions from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Teens in grades 6-12 are invited but must register by calling 641-2456 or online at andersonlibrary.net. Free copies of “Ashfall” by Mullin and “The Compound” by Bodeen are being distributed to teens through school visits and at Information Services while supplies last.
Pizza Hut and Coca-Cola will provide lunch for teens who attend. The Read ’n’ Feed Festival is made possible by funding from the Anderson Rotary Club.
AHS Class of ’66 to meet for dinner
ANDERSON — The Anderson High School Class of 1966 will meet for dinner at 6 p.m. today at Perkins Family Restaurant, 5033 S. Scatterfield Road. This is a new location for the class dinner.
For information, call Dick Dunn at 617-0362 or Jane Barker at 378-3991.
Novak to address Bereavement Group
ANDERSON — Misty Novak, author of the book “See You in a Minute — A Mother’s Journey thru the First Year of Grief,” will present the program this Thursday at 7 p.m. for the Bereavement Support Ministry at Bethany Christian Church, 1920 N. Rangeline Road.
This session will be in the Fireside Room of the church. Enter through the north door across from Highland Middle School. This ministry is free for anyone suffering from the loss of a family member or friend. For more information, call 643-5713.
AHS Class of ’47 holding luncheon
ANDERSON — The Anderson High School Class of 1947 will hold its monthly luncheon at 11:30 a.m. Thursday at Perkins on Scatterfield Road.
All classmates and friends are invited.
BSU alum’s movie to be shown Thursday
MUNCIE — A feature-length independent film “Cheery Point,” produced and co-written by Kenneth Stevenson, a Ball State alumnus, will be shown at 9 p.m. Thursday at AMC 12 in Muncie. The public is invited. Stevenson was winner of the David Letterman Tcom Student Scholarship.
“Cheery Point” is about the human condition and the nature of pain. The main character, Joshua Barrett, lives in an alternate universe where the U.S. government mandates a socialized health care that gets rid of all sentimentality in its users. This society goes about a mundane lifestyle each day, until a resistance to the government springs up and will not give up until things are back to the way they should be.
Eagles hosting Saturday breakfast
- Local Briefs
Community Briefs: April 21
A compilation of community news as published in the Monday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
Arrest Log: April 20
Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Friday and Saturday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- Business People: April 20 A compilation of news items featuring members of the Madison County business community.
- Community Briefs: April 20 A compilation of community news items as published in the Sunday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- What's Where: April 20-26 Local meetings and activities are planned this week.
- What's Where: April 19 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Saturday.
- Arrest Log: April 19 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Thursday and Friday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- Local Briefs: April 19 A compilation of news items of local and statewide interest as published in the Saturday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Community Briefs: April 19 A compilation of community news items as published in the Saturday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Church News: April 19 A compilation of church news items as published in the Saturday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- More Local Briefs Headlines
- Community Briefs: April 21