Classes of ‘59 to gather at Rigo’s
ANDERSON — The next luncheon of the area 1959 high school classmates will be held today at Rigo’s of Grandview Golf Course from 11:30 to 1 p.m.
Classmates and guests are invited to attend. The group meets the first Tuesday of each month at Rigo’s. For more information call Bob Jackson, 642-4049, or Sandy Flowers, 642-1445.
Fundraiser set for Sanders family
ANDERSON — The Sanders Strong Racers Auction will be held at 1:30 p.m. Saturday at Anderson Speedway in support of the Jesse Sanders family.
Sanders, 29, of Greenfield, passed away in March. A 2002 graduate of Knightstown High School, he was an avid NASCAR fan.
He left behind a wife and three children. All proceeds from the day’s event will go to the family.
Registration begins at noon. To donate to the cause, contact Pamela Neal at (317) 383-7355.
The Wrights perform in concert May 16
ALEXANDRIA — Woody and Vonnie Wright will present “Would He Write” on Thursday, May 16, at 6:30 p.m. at Gaither Family Resources, 1617 S. Park Ave., Alexandria.
Cost is $25 per person and includes the musical program, meal and special prize drawing.
For reservations call (800) 520-4664 or 724-8405, selection option 5.
AHS class of ‘66 meets Wednesday
ANDERSON — The Anderson High School Class of 1966 will meet for dinner at 6 p.m. Wednesday at Perkins Family Restaurant, 5033 S. Scatterfield Road.
For information contact Dick Dunn at 617-0362 or Jane Barker at 378-3991.
Frankton festival dates set for 2013
FRANKTON — The Frankton Heritage Days/Balloon Extravaganza will be held Sept. 20-22.
The event will celebrate 38 years of festival fun. This year’s event offers new and fun events for the entire family. Visit heritagedays.org for more information and events.
Fish dinners to be served up Friday
ANDERSON — An all-you-can-eat fish dinner will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at the Madison County Voiture 510, 40&8, 1600 S. Rangeline Road, Anderson.
The menu will include Alaskan pollock, cole slaw, baked bean, green beans, and rolls. Cost is $8 with carry-out available.
AHS Class of ‘62 to hold luncheon
ANDERSON — The Anderson High School Class of ‘62 will have its monthly luncheon on Friday at The Edge restaurant at 11 a.m.
Classmates and spouses are invited to attend.
Preschool holding open house, sale
ANDERSON — St. John’s Early Literacy Preschool, 310 E. 53rd St., Anderson, will host a Kids’ Stuff Sale and Preschool Open House from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Friday and 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday.
Items will include kids’ clothing, shoes, books, toys and equipment.
Classes of ‘59 to gather at Rigo’s
- Local Briefs
- Arrest Log: April 24 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Tuesday and Wednesday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- What's Where: April 24 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Thursday.
- Hospital's ER Department plans annual golf tournament Community Hospital Anderson’s Emergency Department will host its 12th annual golf tournament on Friday, June 20, at The Edge golf course. The Florida-style scramble will begin with a Lifeline helicopter liftoff at 1 p.m.
- Local & State Briefs: April 24 A compilation of local and state news as published in the Thursday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Community Briefs: April 24 A compilation of community news as published in the Thursday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Arrest Log: April 23 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Monday and Tuesday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- Comcast employees volunteer to help Habitat for Humanity On Saturday, from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Madison County Habitat for Humanity members will work with more than 30 Comcast employees, families and friends to beautify the grounds and participate in light interior remodeling.
- Saturday auction fundraiser for Misty Eads On Saturday, a fundraiser auction will be held at Florida Station Church of God, 1045 W. 375N, for Misty Eads who has a rare kidney artery disease called polyarteritis nodosa that requires a kidney transplant.
- What's Where: April 23 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Wednesday.
Local & State Briefs: April 23
A compilation of local and state news items published Wednesday in The Herald Bulletin.
- More Local Briefs Headlines