Classes of ‘59 to gather at Rigo’s
ANDERSON — The next luncheon of the area 1959 high school classmates will be held today at Rigo’s of Grandview Golf Course from 11:30 to 1 p.m.
Classmates and guests are invited to attend. The group meets the first Tuesday of each month at Rigo’s. For more information call Bob Jackson, 642-4049, or Sandy Flowers, 642-1445.
Fundraiser set for Sanders family
ANDERSON — The Sanders Strong Racers Auction will be held at 1:30 p.m. Saturday at Anderson Speedway in support of the Jesse Sanders family.
Sanders, 29, of Greenfield, passed away in March. A 2002 graduate of Knightstown High School, he was an avid NASCAR fan.
He left behind a wife and three children. All proceeds from the day’s event will go to the family.
Registration begins at noon. To donate to the cause, contact Pamela Neal at (317) 383-7355.
The Wrights perform in concert May 16
ALEXANDRIA — Woody and Vonnie Wright will present “Would He Write” on Thursday, May 16, at 6:30 p.m. at Gaither Family Resources, 1617 S. Park Ave., Alexandria.
Cost is $25 per person and includes the musical program, meal and special prize drawing.
For reservations call (800) 520-4664 or 724-8405, selection option 5.
AHS class of ‘66 meets Wednesday
ANDERSON — The Anderson High School Class of 1966 will meet for dinner at 6 p.m. Wednesday at Perkins Family Restaurant, 5033 S. Scatterfield Road.
For information contact Dick Dunn at 617-0362 or Jane Barker at 378-3991.
Frankton festival dates set for 2013
FRANKTON — The Frankton Heritage Days/Balloon Extravaganza will be held Sept. 20-22.
The event will celebrate 38 years of festival fun. This year’s event offers new and fun events for the entire family. Visit heritagedays.org for more information and events.
Fish dinners to be served up Friday
ANDERSON — An all-you-can-eat fish dinner will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at the Madison County Voiture 510, 40&8, 1600 S. Rangeline Road, Anderson.
The menu will include Alaskan pollock, cole slaw, baked bean, green beans, and rolls. Cost is $8 with carry-out available.
AHS Class of ‘62 to hold luncheon
ANDERSON — The Anderson High School Class of ‘62 will have its monthly luncheon on Friday at The Edge restaurant at 11 a.m.
Classmates and spouses are invited to attend.
Preschool holding open house, sale
ANDERSON — St. John’s Early Literacy Preschool, 310 E. 53rd St., Anderson, will host a Kids’ Stuff Sale and Preschool Open House from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Friday and 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday.
Items will include kids’ clothing, shoes, books, toys and equipment.
Classes of ‘59 to gather at Rigo’s
- Local Briefs
- Arrest Log: July 30 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Monday and Tuesday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- Local briefs: July 30 News items of local and state interest as published in the Wednesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- What's where: July 30 Meetings and local activities scheduled for Wednesday.
- Community Briefs: July 30 A compilation of community news as published in the Wednesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Arrest Log: July 29 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Sunday and Monday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- 50th reunion for Mount Olive Boy Scout Troop 433 Mount Olive Boy Scout Troop 433 of Marion is having a 50th Boy Scout anniversary on Saturday, Sept. 6.
Local Briefs: July 29
A compilation of news items of local and statewide interest as published in the Tuesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Community Briefs: July 29 A compilation of community news items as published in the Tuesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Arrest Log: July 28 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday based on Madison County Jail records.
- What's Where: July 28 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Monday, July 28.
- More Local Briefs Headlines