Cooper’s to help Relay for Life
ANDERSON — A Relay for Life fundraiser will be held from 3 to 5 p.m. Saturday, May 25, at Cooper’s Sport Bowl, 1920 E. 53rd St.
Tickets can be purchased in advance or at the door for $12 each. Cost includes three games of bowling and shoe rental.
The 2013 Relay for Life will be June 7-8 at Pendleton Heights High School.
Footloose Club hosting square dance
ANDERSON — The Footloose Square Club is hosting a dance on Sunday at the Rangeline Community Center, 1405 N. Rangeline Road, Anderson.
Caller is Darrin Henry and the cuer is Gary Hutton. Pre-rounds are at 6 p.m. and square dancing from 6:30 to 9 p.m.
The group dances the third and fifth Sunday of the month. For information, call 610-2377 or visit www.footloose.us.com.
Bracelet class at ACA starts Monday
ANDERSON — The Anderson Center for the Arts is offering an adult class on creating a variety of bracelets, which will be starting in May.
The class, “Bracelets with Jan Johnson,” will be offered Monday, May 20, Tuesday, June 4, Tuesday, June 11, and Monday, June 17 from 6:30 to 9 p.m. The cost is $65 for non-members and $60 for members. There will be a charge for class project materials at each class.
For more information on all classes, as well as registration, visit www.andersonart.org or call Holly Rennaker at 649-1248.
Men’s group to host Saturday breakfast
MARKLEVILLE — The Christian Men’s Fellowship East Christian Church, Markleville, will have its monthly all-you-can-eat breakfast on Saturday from 8 to 10 a.m. in the downstairs church fellowship hall.
The menu includes pancakes, sausage, scrambled eggs, juice and coffee, with a freewill offering accepted.
The East Christian Church is at 124 E. Main St., Markleville (on Ind. 38) and is handicap accessible. If you have questions, call Wayne Fox at 533-9012.
Car, truck and bike show is Saturday
PENDLETON — The Sons of AMVETS will host its sixth annual Armed Forces Day with a car, truck and motorcycle show on Saturday at the AMVETS Post 26, 939 S. Broadway, Pendleton.
Entry fee is $10. Registration opens at 9 a.m., judging at noon and awards presented at 1:30 p.m.
There will be food, door prizes and activities throughout the day. For more information contact Troy Jones at 602-1999 or 778-7224. Visitors must be 18 to enter the post.
Groundbreaking set for Senkowski home
ANDERSON — A groundbreaking ceremony is set for Saturday at 2 p.m. for the home to be built for Wounded Warrior Tim Senkowski and his family at 247 S. County Road 500 West, just south of SR 32 and S. County Road 500 West. Avon-based veterans organization The Path Home is overseeing the project, the first in their Homes for Hoosier Heroes program. T-shirts will be available for purchase. Following the ceremony, American Legion Post 127 will cook hamburgers and hotdogs at the facility at 4118 Columbus Ave. in Anderson. More info is at www.thepathhome.net/homes-for-hoosier-heroes.html
YMCA program focuses on sleep
ANDERSON — St. Vincent Anderson Regional Hospital is offering a free sleep quiz and blood-oxygen measurement on Tuesday from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Anderson YMCA, 28 W. 12th St.
Representatives from The Sleep Center at St. Vincent Anderson Regional Hospital will discuss healthy sleep habits and the effects of obstructive sleep apnea. Many people find relief from sleep apnea by using a positive air pressure device, such as a CPAP. Representative from St.Vincent Home Medical will discuss the latest advancements in making CPAPs more comfortable and quieter.
Call 644-7796 for more information.
Cooper’s to help Relay for Life
- Local Briefs
- What's Where: Dec. 7 Local meetings and activities planned for Saturday.
- Local Briefs: Dec. 6 A compilation of local news as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Arrest Log: Dec. 6 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Wednesday and Thursday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- What's Where: Dec. 6 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Friday.
- Nightlife: Dec. 6 Live entertainment is scheduled this weekend at local venues, as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
Weekend calendar: Dec. 6-8
Entertainment activities are scheduled today through Sunday, as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
Recent donations push fund drive over $1,200
Eight new donations, bringing the total received to $1,205, were received recently for The Herald Bulletin’s Empty Stocking Fund, which kicked off Nov. 17:
- Community Briefs: Dec. 6 A compilation of community news items as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Christmas Gift & Craft Show at mall this weekend The Mounds Mall will be filled with holiday magic this weekend as 95 vendors fill the open spaces and offer a vast array of holiday crafts, baked goods, personal and home products of every kind, and items perfect for Christmas gift giving.
- Community Briefs: Dec. 5 A compilation of community news as published in the Thursday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- More Local Briefs Headlines