Annual flea market set for May 3-4
CADIZ — The Cadiz Lions Club annual flea market will be held May 3-4 at the Community Building.
Booth space will be for rent, inside and outside. Food and drinks will be availablie in the “Bite’Em” Cafe from 8 to 5 p.m. daily.
For more information call 533-6222.
Lodge to host community breakfast
MECHANICSBURG — The Mechanicsburg Lodge F&AM 392, just north of Ind. 36 on Mechanicsburg Road, will host a community breakfast from 6 to 10 a.m. Saturday, April 27.
The menu includes bacon, sausage, biscuits & gravy, eggs, pancakes, potatoes, coffee, juice and milk.
Tickets are $7 at the door. Children under seven, eat free.
Humane Society sets Dog Walk-a-Thon
ANDERSON — The Madison County Humane Society (MCHS) will hosting its 13th annual Dog Walk-a-Thon on May 4 at Shadyside Park from 8 a.m. to noon (rain or shine). Walkers can help raise money for the MCHS by getting people to sponsor them with donations. All proceeds will help the MCHS care for homeless animals.
All participating dogs will receive a treat bag and bottle water will be provided. For $5 you can have a sign posted along the trails in honor of your pet (adoption notice, memorial, etc.). Anyone interested in a sign should contact Amy at 610-7706 by April 26. Walkers will turn in their money, sponsor sheet and signed waiver the day of the walk.
To pre-register, fill out and mail in the registration form. If you have any questions, contact Amy at 610-7706, Jayna at 606-9564 or check the web page.
Legion serving up Friday dinners
MIDDLETOWN — On Friday, the Middletown American Legion Post 216 will be grilling New York strip steaks. They will also be having broasted fish dinners.
Serving hours are from 5 to 8 p.m. The post is located at 450 N. 10th St., Middletown.
For information call 354-4892. Post 216 is non smoking-family friendly.
Flea market planned for May 18
CHESTERFIELD — Make your reservation now for an all-day flea market on Saturday, May 18 from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Clark Field next to Chesterfield Christian Church on Plum Street.
Participants’ spaces 10’x10’ may be reserved for $10 payable with registration. For reservations or information contact Connie at 378-5449. Food vendors are welcome.
Newspaper sets April 30 blood drive
ANDERSON — The Herald Bulletin, 1133 Jackson St., will host a community blood drive from 1 to 5 p.m. Tuesday, April 30.
The Bloodmobile will be parked in the newspaper’s lower parking lot behind the building.
Appointments may be made by going to www.donorpoint.org or by calling Tammy Everitt at 648-4242.
Car show and blood drive is April 28
CHESTERFIELD — Chesterfield Community Church of God, 123 Linden Lane, Chesterfield, is hosting a Car Show and Blood Drive on Sunday, April 28, from 11:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
If you would like to show your car, there is a $10 entry fee, observers are free. The Red Cross will have a mobile site set up for blood donations. You can pre-register by calling 1-800-RED CROSS or go to redcrossblood.org, sponsor code “chesterfieldccg.” You may also register at the time of donation, some restrictions apply. Food will be available for purchase from our youth during the event.
For more information call 378-7685 or visit www.chesterfieldcommunitychurch.org.
Annual flea market set for May 3-4
- Local Briefs
- Local & State briefs A compilation of news from Madison County and around the state.
- Community Briefs: Aug. 2 A compilation of community news items as published in the Saturday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
Local Briefs: Aug. 1
News items of local and state interest as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
Arrest Log: Aug. 1
Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Wednesday and Thursday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- What's Where: Aug. 1 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Friday.
- Community Briefs: Aug. 1 A compilation of community news items as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- What's Where: July 31 Local meetings and activities are planned Thursday.
- Community Briefs: July 31 A compilation of community news items as published in the Thursday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Local Briefs: July 31 A compilation of news items of local and statewide interest as published in the Thursday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Arrest Log: July 31 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Tuesday and Wednesday based on Madison County Jail records.
- More Local Briefs Headlines