Annual flea market set for May 3-4
CADIZ — The Cadiz Lions Club annual flea market will be held May 3-4 at the Community Building.
Booth space will be for rent, inside and outside. Food and drinks will be availablie in the “Bite’Em” Cafe from 8 to 5 p.m. daily.
For more information call 533-6222.
Lodge to host community breakfast
MECHANICSBURG — The Mechanicsburg Lodge F&AM 392, just north of Ind. 36 on Mechanicsburg Road, will host a community breakfast from 6 to 10 a.m. Saturday, April 27.
The menu includes bacon, sausage, biscuits & gravy, eggs, pancakes, potatoes, coffee, juice and milk.
Tickets are $7 at the door. Children under seven, eat free.
Humane Society sets Dog Walk-a-Thon
ANDERSON — The Madison County Humane Society (MCHS) will hosting its 13th annual Dog Walk-a-Thon on May 4 at Shadyside Park from 8 a.m. to noon (rain or shine). Walkers can help raise money for the MCHS by getting people to sponsor them with donations. All proceeds will help the MCHS care for homeless animals.
All participating dogs will receive a treat bag and bottle water will be provided. For $5 you can have a sign posted along the trails in honor of your pet (adoption notice, memorial, etc.). Anyone interested in a sign should contact Amy at 610-7706 by April 26. Walkers will turn in their money, sponsor sheet and signed waiver the day of the walk.
To pre-register, fill out and mail in the registration form. If you have any questions, contact Amy at 610-7706, Jayna at 606-9564 or check the web page.
Legion serving up Friday dinners
MIDDLETOWN — On Friday, the Middletown American Legion Post 216 will be grilling New York strip steaks. They will also be having broasted fish dinners.
Serving hours are from 5 to 8 p.m. The post is located at 450 N. 10th St., Middletown.
For information call 354-4892. Post 216 is non smoking-family friendly.
Flea market planned for May 18
CHESTERFIELD — Make your reservation now for an all-day flea market on Saturday, May 18 from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Clark Field next to Chesterfield Christian Church on Plum Street.
Participants’ spaces 10’x10’ may be reserved for $10 payable with registration. For reservations or information contact Connie at 378-5449. Food vendors are welcome.
Newspaper sets April 30 blood drive
ANDERSON — The Herald Bulletin, 1133 Jackson St., will host a community blood drive from 1 to 5 p.m. Tuesday, April 30.
The Bloodmobile will be parked in the newspaper’s lower parking lot behind the building.
Appointments may be made by going to www.donorpoint.org or by calling Tammy Everitt at 648-4242.
Car show and blood drive is April 28
CHESTERFIELD — Chesterfield Community Church of God, 123 Linden Lane, Chesterfield, is hosting a Car Show and Blood Drive on Sunday, April 28, from 11:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
If you would like to show your car, there is a $10 entry fee, observers are free. The Red Cross will have a mobile site set up for blood donations. You can pre-register by calling 1-800-RED CROSS or go to redcrossblood.org, sponsor code “chesterfieldccg.” You may also register at the time of donation, some restrictions apply. Food will be available for purchase from our youth during the event.
For more information call 378-7685 or visit www.chesterfieldcommunitychurch.org.
Annual flea market set for May 3-4
- Local Briefs
- Arrest Log: April 23 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Monday and Tuesday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- Comcast employees volunteer to help Habitat for Humanity On Saturday, from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Madison County Habitat for Humanity members will work with more than 30 Comcast employees, families and friends to beautify the grounds and participate in light interior remodeling.
- Saturday auction fundraiser for Misty Eads On Saturday, a fundraiser auction will be held at Florida Station Church of God, 1045 W. 375N, for Misty Eads who has a rare kidney artery disease called polyarteritis nodosa that requires a kidney transplant.
- What's Where: April 23 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Wednesday.
Local & State Briefs: April 23
A compilation of local and state news items published Wednesday in The Herald Bulletin.
Community Briefs: April 23
A compilation of community news as published in the Wednesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
Community Briefs: April 22
A compilation of community news as published in the Tuesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Local & State briefs: April 22 A compilation of local and state news briefs, as published Tuesday in The Herald Bulletin.
- Arrest Log: April 22 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Sunday and Monday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- What's Where: April 22 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Tuesday.
- More Local Briefs Headlines