Alexandria holds Dan’s Fish Fry Friday
ALEXANDRIA — The Alexandria First United Church, 116 W. Broadway St., will hold a Dan’s all-you-can eat fish and chicken fry from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday.
The meal includes two sides, drink and dessert. Cost is $9 for adults, $5 for kids 5-12, and children under five, eat free. Carry-outs will be available. Tickets may be purchased at the church office, from members or at the door.
Sponsored by the United Methodist Women, part of the proceeds will be donated to the E.R.F.(local food pantry) and Beauty for Ashes(local women’s shelter).
Roosevelt School breakfast Wednesday
ANDERSON — Former students of Roosevelt School meet for breakfast at 8 a.m. at Perkins Restaurant, 5033 S. Scatterfield Road, the last Wednesday of each month.
The group’s next breakfast is Wednesday.
40 & 8 hosts all-you-can-eat fish fry
ANDERSON — The Madison County Voiture 510, 40&8, 1600 S. Rangeline Road, Anderson, will host an all-you-can-eat fish dinner from 4:30 to 7 p.m. Friday.
The menu will include Alaskan pollock, coleslaw, baked bean, green beans, and rolls. Cost is $8. Carry-outs will be available.
Container retirees meeting at Perkins
ANDERSON — Retirees of Container Corporation of America will meet at Perkins Family Restaurant 5033 S. Scatterfield Road, at 11:30 a.m. Wednesday.
For more information contact Dick Dunn at 617-0362.
Women’s Health Fair is set for May 4
ANDERSON — The Black Nurses Association will sponsor a Women’s Health Fair from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Anderson Impact Center (former Robinson Elementary School), 630 Nichol Ave.
Stroke, diabetes screenings, breast self-exam demonstrations, assistance in obtaining health insurance and prescription medication, job readiness information will be among the information available.
Participants include Anderson Impact Center, Madison County Community Health Center, Minority Health Coalition, HIS Solutions Healthcare, St. Vincent’s Anderson Regional Hospital, Community Hospital, The Excel Center, Intersect, White’s Residential, Lupus Foundation of Indiana and Metropolitan College of Theology.
Free booth space is available by calling 621-9249.
YMCA summer camp begins May 27
ANDERSON — The Anderson Family YMCA will host summer camp beginning May 27. Camp is for children ages 5-12.
To register or for more information call 644-7796.
M-G to host awards program Wednesday
SUMMITVILLE — The annual Madison-Grant High School Scholastic Awards Program will be held at 6:45 p.m. Wednesday in the cafeteria of Madison-Grant High School.
Each year Madison-Grant High School and patrons of the community recognize students who have achieved academic excellence. To receive an award a student must maintain a grade-point average of 3.5 or higher. This year 26 seniors, 23 juniors and 30 sophomores will be honored.
The program and awards are completely financed by donations from many friends of education in the local school community.
Dessert will be provided. The Jazz Band will entertain prior to the presentation.
Alexandria holds Dan’s Fish Fry Friday
- Local Briefs
- What's Where: July 31 Local meetings and activities are planned Thursday.
- Community Briefs: July 31 A compilation of community news items as published in the Thursday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Local Briefs: July 31 A compilation of news items of local and statewide interest as published in the Thursday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Arrest Log: July 31 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Tuesday and Wednesday based on Madison County Jail records.
- Arrest Log: July 30 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Monday and Tuesday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- Local briefs: July 30 News items of local and state interest as published in the Wednesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- What's where: July 30 Meetings and local activities scheduled for Wednesday.
- Community Briefs: July 30 A compilation of community news as published in the Wednesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Arrest Log: July 29 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Sunday and Monday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- 50th reunion for Mount Olive Boy Scout Troop 433 Mount Olive Boy Scout Troop 433 of Marion is having a 50th Boy Scout anniversary on Saturday, Sept. 6.
- More Local Briefs Headlines