Spring revival begins May 8
ANDERSON — Anderson Zion Baptist Church, 2008 Rev. James T. Menifee St., Anderson, will hold its spring revival featuring the Rev. Dr. Edgar Woodall, of Friendship Missionary Baptist Church, from May 8 through 10 at 6:30 p.m.
This year’s theme is “God’s Grace Will See Us Through.”
Church hosts Singspiration
ANDERSON — Today, Central Community Chapel, 1004 Indiana Ave., will host a Singspiration at 6:30 p.m. The ladies group is hosting a building fundraiser and will serve spaghetti, salad, garlic bread, a drink and dessert from 4 to 6 p.m.
The cost is $6 for adults and $3 for children; children under 4 eat free.
On Sunday at 5 p.m., “The Christian Cavaliers” will share their gospel message. Enjoy some gospel music and more.
Anniversary celebrated Sunday
ANDERSON — The Church Upon the Rock Missionary Baptist Church, 303 E. 29th St., will celebrate its 24th anniversary on Sunday at 3:30 p.m.
Guests will be Pastor Edgar Woodall and Friendship Missionary Baptist Church.
The theme is “I Am Determined” from 1 Corinthians 2:2.
Spring concert at Central Christian
ANDERSON — Central Christian Church at 10th and Jackson streets invites the public to the free “Spring at Central Concert,” at 3 p.m. Sunday. Featured will be the combined choirs of Broadway United Methodist (Indianapolis) and Central Christian (Anderson) churches. Conductor Schuyler Brinson and organist Randy Frieling will lead the choirs in John Rutter’s “Requiem.”
A freewill offering will be accepted. For those with mobility concerns, there is a ramp on 10th Street between Central’s main building and chapel. From there, an elevator is available.
Visit www.central-christian-church.com or call the church office at 643-6957 for more information.
Church celebrates 40th anniversary
ANDERSON — Greater St. Mark Church of God in Christ, 2232 Dewey St., Anderson, will celebrate its 40th church anniversary at 4 p.m. Sunday.
Special guests will be Supt. John L. Smith and the Congregation of Prayer House of Deliverance, Muncie.
Spring revival begins May 8
- Local Briefs
- Federal official to present Affordable Care Act program A presentation on the Affordable Care Act has been set for 5:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Anderson Public Library. 111 E. 12th St. The session is open to the public.
- What's Where: Dec. 10 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Tuesday.
- Local Briefs: Dec.10 A compilation of local and state news as published in the Tuesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Community Briefs: Dec. 10 A compilation of community news as published in the Tuesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Arrest Log: Dec. 9 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Saturday and Sunday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- What's Where: Dec. 9 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Monday.
- What's Where: Dec. 9 Local meetings and activities are planned Monday.
- Community Briefs: Dec. 9 A compilation of community news items as published in the Monday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Arrest Log: Dec. 8 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Friday and Saturday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- Community Briefs: Dec. 8 A compilation of community news items as published in the Sunday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- More Local Briefs Headlines