Spring revival begins May 8
ANDERSON — Anderson Zion Baptist Church, 2008 Rev. James T. Menifee St., Anderson, will hold its spring revival featuring the Rev. Dr. Edgar Woodall, of Friendship Missionary Baptist Church, from May 8 through 10 at 6:30 p.m.
This year’s theme is “God’s Grace Will See Us Through.”
Church hosts Singspiration
ANDERSON — Today, Central Community Chapel, 1004 Indiana Ave., will host a Singspiration at 6:30 p.m. The ladies group is hosting a building fundraiser and will serve spaghetti, salad, garlic bread, a drink and dessert from 4 to 6 p.m.
The cost is $6 for adults and $3 for children; children under 4 eat free.
On Sunday at 5 p.m., “The Christian Cavaliers” will share their gospel message. Enjoy some gospel music and more.
Anniversary celebrated Sunday
ANDERSON — The Church Upon the Rock Missionary Baptist Church, 303 E. 29th St., will celebrate its 24th anniversary on Sunday at 3:30 p.m.
Guests will be Pastor Edgar Woodall and Friendship Missionary Baptist Church.
The theme is “I Am Determined” from 1 Corinthians 2:2.
Spring concert at Central Christian
ANDERSON — Central Christian Church at 10th and Jackson streets invites the public to the free “Spring at Central Concert,” at 3 p.m. Sunday. Featured will be the combined choirs of Broadway United Methodist (Indianapolis) and Central Christian (Anderson) churches. Conductor Schuyler Brinson and organist Randy Frieling will lead the choirs in John Rutter’s “Requiem.”
A freewill offering will be accepted. For those with mobility concerns, there is a ramp on 10th Street between Central’s main building and chapel. From there, an elevator is available.
Visit www.central-christian-church.com or call the church office at 643-6957 for more information.
Church celebrates 40th anniversary
ANDERSON — Greater St. Mark Church of God in Christ, 2232 Dewey St., Anderson, will celebrate its 40th church anniversary at 4 p.m. Sunday.
Special guests will be Supt. John L. Smith and the Congregation of Prayer House of Deliverance, Muncie.
Spring revival begins May 8
- Local Briefs
- What's Where: Aug. 23 Local meetings and activities are planned Saturday.
- Community Briefs: Aug. 23 A compilation of community news as published in the Saturday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- SWAT Challenge to move to Camp Atterbury The 13th Annual Indiana SWAT Challenge will again be hosted by the Delaware County Sheriff's Office, but this year will move to a larger venue.
- Local Briefs: Aug. 23 A compilation of news items of local and statewide interest as published in the Saturday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Church News: Aug. 23 The following are brief Church News items of local interest.
Local Briefs: Aug. 22
A compilation of news items of local and state interest as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Arrest Log: Aug. 22 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Wednesday and Thursday, based on Madison County Jail records.
Community Briefs: Aug. 22
A compilation of community news items as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- What's Where: Aug. 21 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Thursday.
- Local Briefs: Aug. 21 A compilation of local and state news as published in the Thursday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- More Local Briefs Headlines