Pendleton Heights plans Jazz Cafe
PENDLETON — The Pendleton Heights Performing Arts Department will hold its annual Jazz Cafe and silent auction Friday in the school gymnasium. The annual event begins at 6:30 p.m. with music by the Pendleton Heights High School Jazz Ensemble, Jazz Express, Pendleton Heights Middle School Jazz Band, and the Directors’ Jazz Orchestra. For $8 adults can enjoy an all-you-can-eat pizza buffet from Papa John’s, dessert, and drinks. Children under the 5 and music performers pay $5. There will be a silent auction.
Money raised will pay for band expenses. Under the leadership of director Chris Taylor, the Pendleton Heights Marching Arabians, Pendleton Heights High School Wind Ensemble and Pendleton Heights High School Symphonic Band have received gold ratings from the Indiana State School Music Association. Pendleton Heights Middle School director Catherine Maloney has led musicians to gold awards at various ISSMA contests.
Red Hatters to meet in Fishers
FISHERS — The May meeting of the WOW Red Hatters of Madison County will be Saturday, May 11, at Rita’s Back Yard, 12244 E. 116th St., Fishers.
Lunch will be at 11 a.m. followed by shopping in the gift shop and nursery area. Reservations are required. Contact Jean Leedy at 642-9514 by Tuesday, May 7, to reserve a spot, if you need transportation or have questions.
Breakfast to be served at 40&8
ANDERSON — On Sunday, the Madison County Voiture 510 , 40&8, 1600 S. Rangeline Road, will host an all-you-can-eat breakfast from 7:30 to 10:30 a.m.
Cost is $7 a person.
Breakfast includes bacon or sausage, hash browns, biscuits and gravy or toast. Off the grill, eggs cooked to order, omelets, French toast, and pancakes.
For more information call 644-1346.
AHS class of ’48 meets for lunch
ANDERSON — The Anderson High School Class of 1948 will meet for lunch at 11:30 a.m. Friday at Rigo’s Restaurant at Grandview.
Lions Club serving Saturday breakfast
DALEVILLE — The Daleville Lions Club, Sixth and Edwards streets, will host an all-you-can-eat community breakfast from 7:30 to 10:30 a.m. Saturday.
Cost is $6 per person. The menu includes eggs and sausage, pancakes, biscuits and sausage gravy, coffee, milk and orange juice. Proceeds benefit the Daleville Junior Baseball and Softball organization.
Tables available for rummage sale
ANDERSON — Rangeline Community Center, 1405 N. Rangeline Road, will rent tables for its annual spring rummage sale to be on Saturday, June 1. Anyone interested may call 643-1169 for information.
Church offers charity craft workshops
DALEVILLE — Daleville Christian Church will present “Craft Workshops for Charity” from 1 to 3 p.m. Saturday (continuing every other Saturday).
Workshops include crochet, knitting, quilting and needlepoint. Workshops are offered free; all materials needed will be provided by the church.
For more information, call Susie Freeman at 759-5936 or Bev Bane at 387-0392. The church is located at 14220 W. Daleville Road.
St. Ambrose holding spring rummage sale
ANDERSON — St. Ambrose Catholic Church, 2801 Lincoln St., Anderson, will hold its spring rummage sale Thursday through Saturday. Sale hours are 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Thursday and Friday, and 8 to 11 a.m. Saturday.
Pendleton Heights plans Jazz Cafe
- Local Briefs
- 24th Back-to-School parade and picnic on Aug. 2 The 24th annual Ollie H. Dixon Back-to-School parade and picnic will be held on Saturday, Aug. 2, in conjunction with the Anderson Parks Department.
- What's Where: July 26 Local meetings and activities are planned Saturday.
- Local Briefs: July 26 A compilation of news items of local and statewide interest as published in the Saturday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Arrest Log: July 26 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Thursday and Friday based on Madison County Jail records.
- Church News: July 26 The following are brief Church News items of local interest.
- Arrest Log: July 25 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Wednesday and Thursday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- Community Briefs: July 25 A compilation of community news as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- What's Where: July 25 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Friday, July 25.
- Support breakfast at Cross Roads Through The Eyes of Special Kids will host its support breakfast from 9 to 10:30 a.m. Saturday at Cross Roads United Methodist Church, 2000 N. Scatterfield Road.
- Arrest Log: July 24 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Tuesday and Wednesday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- More Local Briefs Headlines