Mounds Friends to meet Thursday
ANDERSON — The Friends of Mounds State Park will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday in the Nature Center to discuss their main fundraiser: the May 18 plant sale.
They will also discuss the new shelter house, spring house trail and Bronnenberg House open house set for June 23.
The public is invited to the meeting; refreshments will be served.
Coats’ mobile office to stop in Cicero
CICERO — A staff member of U.S. Sen. Dan Coats, R-Ind., will visit Cicero from 1 to 3 p.m. Thursday to assist Hoosiers experiencing problems with a federal agency.
The mobile office will be at Hamilton North Public Library, 209 W. Brinton St.
American Legion Post 127 meets
ANDERSON — The American Legion Post 127, 4118 Columbus Ave., will have a meeting at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, May 14.
Retired teachers host pitch-in at park
ANDERSON — The Madison County Retired Teachers will have a pitch-in at noon on Monday, May 20, at Davis Park Shelter House, Indiana 32 (east of Layton Road). Each member is asked to bring a favorite dish to share. Chicken, drinks and tableware will be furnished.
New members, spouses and friends are welcome to attend. Speaker will be Dennis Lanane, who will be reporting on recent initiatives of the Madison County Triad and several state and local senior support organizations with which he is affiliated. A slate of officers will be presented.
Registration begins at 11:30 a.m. and cost is $6. RSVP by Wednesday to Ross Buckman at 643-5462 or email to email@example.com.
Heart education program Thursday
MUNCIE — “Mom and Me Beat Heart Disease” is an education program on Thursday at the Ball State University Alumni Center.
From 5:30 to 7 p.m., there will be a health and education fair. At 7 p.m., Linda Daniel, PhD, director, IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital Family Medicine Residency, will present the hour-long program, “Healthy Families for a Healthy Community.”
Used computer sale by APL Friends
ANDERSON — Friends of the Anderson Public Library will have a used computer sale Friday and Saturday from noon to 4:30 p.m. during their regular monthly book sale.
The computer sale will feature used library computers, monitors, mice, keyboards, telephones, scanners, cables, and other electronic equipment and accessories.
Items will be priced at $30 or less and sold as is. The computer sale will be in the Delaware Room at the Main Library, 111 E. 12th St.
Health Center to host workshop
ANDERSON — Today at 6:30 p.m., the Madison County Community Health Center will host a Diabetes Workshop “Power over Diabetes” at its facility, 1547 Ohio Ave.
The goal of the workshop is to create awareness about diabetes, management and treatment of the disease.
For more information, call Kim Rayford at 641-2601, ext 124.
Mounds Friends to meet Thursday
- Local Briefs
- Arrest Log: July 24 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Tuesday and Wednesday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- Community Briefs: July 24 A compilation of community news items as published in the Thursday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
Arrest Log: July 23
Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Monday and Tuesday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- What's Where: July 23 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Wednesday, July 23.
- Local Briefs: July 23 A compilation of local and state news as published in the Wednesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Community Briefs: July 23 A compilation of community news items as published in the Wednesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Local Sports Briefs: July 22 A compilation of news about local sports groups as published in the Tuesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Local Briefs: July 22 A compilation of local and state news as published in the Tuesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Cornerstone celebrating summer session Join Cornerstone staff and students as they celebrate their summer session.
- Community Briefs: July 22 A compilation of community news as published in the Tuesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- More Local Briefs Headlines