ANDERSON, Ind. — Local meetings and activities are scheduled.
Sunday, May 12
- Mother’s Day Brunch, 9 a.m.-noon, Knights of Columbus, 1225 Main St.
Monday, May 13
- Euchre, 1:30 p.m.; beef manhattan dinner, 4:30 p.m.; organ music, 4-5:30 p.m.; bingo, 6 p.m., Rangeline Community Center, 1405 N. Rangeline Road.
- Tree Commission, 4:15 p.m., Geater Community Center, 1611 Chase St.
- Women’s self-defense program, 6-7:30 p.m., Anderson Public Library, 111 E. 12th St.
- Chicken noodles luncheon, 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m., Church Street Commons, 204 W. Church St.
- School board meeting, 6:30 p.m., Alexandria-Monroe Intermediate School, 308 W. 11th St.
- Town Council, 5 p.m., Town Hall, 3405 Nichol Ave.
Tuesday, May 14
- Benefit day for Dove Harbor, Culver’s, 6386 S. Scatterfield Road.
- Horse shoe pitch, 7 p.m., Warren Park, 29th and Fairview streets.
- Park board, 6 p.m., City Building.
Wednesday, May 15
- Free cholesterol, glucose and blood pressure screenings, 11 a.m.-3 p.m., Park Place Community Center, 802 E. Fifth St. Hosted by Community Hospital Anderson.
- Alexandria-Monroe Chamber of Commerce “Breakfast Club,” 7:30 a.m., Bob Rogers Center.
Thursday, May 16
- Carolyn Martin’s Swing Band concert, 7:30 p.m., Paramount Theatre, 1124 Meridian Plaza.
Friday, May 17
- Steak dinner, 4:30-7:30 p.m., Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 266, 3210 Columbus Ave.
Saturday, May 18
- Sixth annual fundraiser plant sale, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Visitor Center, Mounds State Park. Hosted by Friends of Mounds State Park.
- AIMS Little 500 Car Show, noon-5 p.m., Meridian Street downtown, Town Center, 12th and Meridian.
- Nail and microchip clinic, 1-4 p.m., Madison County Humane Society, 2219 Crystal St.
- Chicken fry, 5-7:30 p.m., Knights of Columbus, 1225 Main St.
- Wine Gala and Auction, 5-9 p.m., Military Museum Officer’s Club. Hosted by the Gruenewald House.
- CARE Day, 8 a.m., downtown Alexandria.
- All-day flea market, Clark Field, next to Chesterfield Christian Church on Plum Street.