MIDDLETOWN, Ind. — At halftime Friday, the deficit was 42-14, and, a week after a devastating loss to Eastern Hancock, it looked like Shenandoah was on its way to a second-straight blowout loss.
- Local Sports
- Eastern knocks out Madison-Grant Eastern defeats Madison-Grant 62-53 in the Class 2A, Sectional 39 semifinal.
Frankton roars past Falcons in second half
Frankton trailed Winchester 27-23 at halftime of Friday's second semifinal sectional game.
- Liberty Christian to face Monroe Central in sectional final Liberty Christian will play Monroe Central in the sectional final after defeating Southern Wells, 80-32.
- Arabians advance to fifth straight sectional final Pendleton Heights' 10th straight sectional victory — a 57-43 decision against the Trojans at the New Castle Fieldhouse — only appeared to be easy.
Lapel falls to No. 3 Wapahani
Despite holding a lead three minutes into the third quarter, the Lapel Bulldogs dropped a 52-37 decision to Class 2A No. 3 Wapahani Raiders in the sectional semifinal.
- Arabians looking forward after rivalry win Reminded his team is now riding a nine-game sectional winning streak Wednesday night, Brian Hahn made it very clear he wasn't interested in that line of questioning. "I didn't even hear what you just said," the Pendleton Heights boys basketball coach said, finishing with a hint of a smile.
- Lions shake off slow start, buck Broncos The Liberty Christian boys basketball team's pursuit of a third straight Class 1A sectional crown got off to a bit of a slow start Tuesday, but a strong second half propelled the Lions to a 78-31 win over Daleville in the opening round at Monroe Central High School.
Eagles pull away from Owls with big second half
Frankton got points from typical and not-so-typical places and left Muncie Burris in the dust in the second half of Tuesday's sectional basketball opener.
- Bulldogs pounce on Raiders Mitchell Richardson and Bailey Partington scored 28 of the Bulldogs' 36 first-half points as Lapel cruised to a 63-38 over the Shenandoah Raiders
- Alex falls to Tipton in 2A opener Mason Degenkoll scored 14 of his game-high 35 points during a pivotal third quarter, and Tipton held on down the stretch to beat Alexandria 68-60 in a Class 2A sectional opener Tuesday.
- More Local Sports Headlines