- Local Sports
- Norton dominates Outlaws Indianapolis driver R. J. Norton Jr. is no stranger when it comes to winning Outlaw Figure-8 racing at Anderson Speedway.
- Last-lap pass gives Jones win in Winchester Brandon Jones only led a portion of the final lap, but it was the last few yards to capture the Herr’s Chase the Taste 200 for the ARCA Series at Winchester Speedway on Sunday.
- Atkinson scores late model win New Castle’s Jason Atkinson inherited the lead with three laps remaining, when leader Jeff Marcum spun, to capture the CRA/McGunegill Engine Performance Late Model feature at Anderson Speedway on Saturday night.
Repeat for Benefiel
It might not have been the season that she envisioned, but it was a mark worth honoring.Pendleton Heights’ Bailey Benefiel put up some spectacular numbers and earned the nod as The Herald Bulletin’s Softball Pitcher of the Year — repeating the award she also won a season ago.
- Finally healthy, Dunnichay climbing back toward Olympics Mary Beth Dunnichay had become convinced her celebrated diving career was not going to end on her terms. That has changed this summer.
- Ken de la Bastide: Chase field taking shape With 10 races remaining until the Chase for the Sprint Cup championship begins, the field is starting to take shape with several drivers looking for a win to lock themselves into the hunt.
- Late-race heroics pay off When opportunity knocked, Muncie driver Bret Miles Jr. opened the door to make a bold pass with two laps remaining to capture the CRA Street Stock 200 Saturday at Anderson Speedway.
- Quinn, Wilkerson aid all-star wins The final two games of the sixth annual Indiana Class Basketball All-Star Classic featured the seniors of each class in Indiana boys high school basketball at Anderson University on Saturday evening. Both games were close and competitive from start to finish.
- East blasts West in Football Classic More than 80 players, including several form local schools, took part in the 14th annual East-West Football Classic on Friday night at Anderson High School.
- Liberty's Nunn shines in All-Star Classic Chris Nunn showed he belonged with the best juniors in the state on Friday night as his Indiana Class Basketball All-Star team defeated another group of juniors 101-75 at Anderson University.
- More Local Sports Headlines