- Local Sports
- Champion drivers ready for series opener Saturday at Hoosier Park Harness drivers were turned into handicappers on Thursday and their effectiveness in that role will be determined Saturday night.
- Colts set to host ESPN during training camp ESPN is coming to Anderson University. "The Worldwide Leader in Sports" will set up shop on campus during Indianapolis Colts training camp on July 28. Reporter Bob Holtzman and analyst Jeff Saturday, who started 188 games at center for the Colts from 1999 through 2011, are scheduled to be on hand.
- Ken de la Bastide: Disappointing short track news abounds During the past two weeks, there has been disappointing news coming out of the local short track racing community.
Breakfast planned with Pagano
Local residents will have the opportunity to hear from Indianapolis Colts head coach Chuck Pagano and to bid on a signed Andrew Luck jersey.
- Mireles leaning toward joining Ravens The next big play record-setting running back Sammy Mireles makes could be at Anderson University.
- Riverfield gets revenge in state final For some people the third time is a charm, but for Gene Richardson the seventh time was a charm. The Riverfield Senior Girls Softball coach had made six previous appearances in the state tournament before he broke through with a 9-5 victory over Osolo on Sunday night at Lions Park in Zionsville.
- Atkinson wins Street Stock 75 New Castle’s Jason Atkinson appeared headed to a dominating win Saturday night at Anderson Speedway in the CRA Street Stock feature.
- Riverfield Senior All-Stars advance to state title game The Riverfield All-Stars defeated Osolo 11-5 to advance to the championship game of the Senior Girls Softball State Tournament on Saturday night at Lion's Club Park in Zionsville.
- Tennis classic beats rain on Day 1 The skies above Anderson University threatened to open up throughout the day Saturday. But the opening day of the 34th annual Community Hospital Anderson Tennis Classic went off without a hitch.
Tennis classic returns for 34th year
The 34th annual Community Hospital Anderson Tennis Classic gets underway Saturday morning at Anderson University with competition in the growing middle school age division.
- More Local Sports Headlines