- Local Sports
- Argylls look forward to fresh start The Madison-Grant baseball team will have a new manager at the helm this season as they look to improve upon a six-win 2013 campaign.
- George Bremer: Spring brings renewed hope Bobby Abreu laced a line drive single into right-center field Thursday night. Not really a noteworthy feat for a 17-year Major League Baseball veteran with 2,437 career hits. But the venue was unique — Cashman Field in Las Vegas, home of the Triple-A Las Vegas 51s.
Hoosier Park boasts track, viewing renovations at season opener
After a particularly harsh winter, Hoosier Park embraced spring and opened its track for horse racing again on Friday. But according to Vice President of Racing Rick Moore, the work to prepare for the 2014 season has hardly taken a break since the last race in November.
- Rick Teverbaugh: Turning Twitter into tip sheet As if there weren't already enough uses for Twitter, now Hoosier Park is getting into the act. On Wednesday there was a luncheon held at the Anderson track for drivers and trainers with the primary purpose being to introduce and educate those people in the fine art of the tweet.
- Alexandria's Young chooses Ohio State Owen Young comes from a famous baseball family, but he's quickly made a name for himself. And soon the Alexandria junior slugger will be taking his talents to the Big Ten. Last month, Young agreed to spend his college days at Ohio State, playing for former Ball State coach Greg Beals' rising program.|ALEXANDRIA — Owen Young comes from a famous baseball family, but he's quickly made a name for himself. And soon the Alexandria junior slugger will be taking his talents to the Big Ten. Last month, Young agreed to spend his college days at Ohio State,
- 2014 THB Girls Basketball Athlete of the Year: Da'Sha Boyd Sometimes when a good team has a large collection of really good talent, it is hard for a single player to emerge as the best player on that team, let alone the best among a collection of 11 teams. Anderson High School senior Da'Sha Boyd came from just such a situation, playing for the Lady Tribe team that was one of only two in this area to win a sectional title.
- Lions celebrate historic run Liberty Christian's basketball program is still basking in the glow of an historic run after winning its first regional championship. On Tuesday night, players, coaches and fans were already looking forward to what could be in store next season.
- Legends expanding horizons Two months ago, Troy Taylor was rushing to make certain the Anderson Legends could play a game. Soon the National Basketball Development Leagues Association franchise could have its pick of leagues in which to play.
- George Bremer: Hats off for local hoops There will be at least one good memory from this endless winter — basketball.
- Lions have not yet reached full roar Here's a thought that could send shivers through the ranks of Class 1A boys basketball programs across the state: Liberty Christian might just be getting started.
- More Local Sports Headlines