- Local Sports
- AU baseball continues spring success The Anderson University baseball team defeated Rutgers-Camden 7-2 on Monday in Auburndale, Fla.
- Wow! Lions roar to first regional title Redemption. Liberty Christian's boys basketball team harbored the heartbreak of a fourth-quarter meltdown in the regional final for an entire year. On Saturday night at Case Arena, the 10th-ranked Lions erased a 14-point halftime deficit and defeated No. 7 Lafayette Central Catholic 65-55 for the first regional championship in program history.
- Lions roll to third straight regional final Chris Nunn missed two days of school this week while running a fever. But it was Seton Catholic that was left with a queasy feeling after the Liberty Christian junior's performance in the Class 1A regional semifinals at Case Arena on Saturday afternoon.
Lions enjoying another regional run
Liberty Christian coach Jason Chappell is hoping to lead his Anderson-based school to two wins in the Class 1A regional today and celebrate on the Case Arena floor in the fashion made popular by its namesake.
- Nunn cousins help lead Lions' surge Chris Nunn's arrival coincided with the Liberty Christian's first sectional championship in 2012. When Franklin Nunn arrived a year later, the Lions came within about six minutes of adding their first regional title to the mix.
ACS board accepts decision firing Anderson football coach
Randy Albano is officially out as head football coach of the Anderson Indians.
- Quinn enjoys front-row seat for Lions' revival Liberty Christian's four seniors — Bowen, Preston Quinn, DeShon Gibbs and Austin Richwine — have seen their fair share of defeat. Quinn, in particular. But that just makes their current success all the sweeter.
- Rick Bramwell: Time to prepare fishing hole for spring Friday was my last day to ice fish, but something besides catching fish was on my plate. The ice would soon be gone, and it was time to plan for the future.
- Last year's loss continues to fuel Lions Reminders are everywhere. On a summer trip to a shopping mall in Indianapolis, Jason Chapell caught sight of a Lafayette Central Catholic basketball player. The boy was wearing his letterman jacket, and on the back was a patch celebrating the Knights' 2013 Class 1A regional championship. Just like that, the memories came rushing back.|ANDERSON — Reminders are everywhere. On a summer trip to a shopping mall in Indianapolis, Jason Chapell caught sight of a Lafayette Central Catholic basketball player. The boy was wearing his letterman jacket, and on the back was a patch celebrating
- Devils end Arabians' sectional streak Pendleton Heights produced another of its furious fourth quarter rallies Saturday night. But this time Richmond had an answer.
- More Local Sports Headlines