ANDERSON, Ind. — Each Monday, The Herald Bulletin publishes “You Said It,” a compilation of reader comments from www.theheraldbulletin.com, coupled with responses by the newspaper’s editorial board.
The Anderson Morning Rotary Club has proposed a $3.7 million renovation of Athletic Park (Article published April 3).
- This is a terrific idea. My only suggestion would be to raze the old pool and build a more efficient and secure one. I worked in that pool in the ’60s, and it was old then. Additionally, there may be a better place to place the pool so that it isn’t right out on 8th Street.
- Anything that would help the city have more things to do for any age and to bring jobs and boost the economy, well, I’m all for it.
THB: Such plans have been proposed for Athletic Park several times in recent years. It could add recreation options and improve the city’s image. Now, something has to be done. What grants can be secured?
Anderson fire Chief Phil Rogers says that medics followed protocol when they left an ambulance unlocked and running. The ambulance was stolen and then crashed into a tree. Joseph L. Sandlin faces related charges. (April 4)
- Who needs personal responsibility when you have taxpayers? Let the criminal rot in jail until he pays or works off the damages.
THB: Perhaps, if he’s convicted and later employed, Sandlin’s future work checks could be garnished to pay for the costs of repairing the damage from the accident.
Shawn Hunter, 37, was arrested on a warrant for methamphetamine-related charges, the latest in a recent litany of arrests for meth. (April 4)
- Does The Herald always have to post every drug-related arrest? Anderson has so much to look forward to, and these posts just bring us back down.
- Good job. Lock ’em up and clean the streets. Let everyone know DTF (drug task force) will get ya.