ANDERSON, Ind. — Each Monday, The Herald Bulletin publishes “You Said It,” a compilation of reader comments from www.theheraldbulletin.com coupled with responses by the newspaper’s editorial board.
Farm cleanup, where hundreds of dead animals were found, may cost more than $30,000. (Article published April 19.)
- “Take everything that the Aults have and sell it to recoup some of the costs. They should be the ones responsible ... not the taxpayers.”
THB: Absolutely, if this couple is found responsible they should shoulder the cost, not us.
The Madison County Community Health Center will honor its donors at a special reception Thursday, April 25, from 6 to 8 p.m. (Article published April 16)
- “If it was not for this place, I would not have any health care or help with getting my medications. I am thankful for the clinic.”
THB: This health care facility is a great addition to this community, serving those who are underinsured or have no insurance. Many thanks to those who keep it up and running.
Boston Marathon blasts shock the nation. (April 16)
- “My heart goes out to all Americans and foreigners alike, who participated in the event, or were just there as spectators. I hope those in recovery, all goes well, those who lost their lives, my condolences to their families. To the sick-minded terrorists, I hope you suffer every moment the rest of your time alive. I’m not a judge, but a heck of a good shot, if the opportunity presents itself.”
- “Whomever is responsible for this cowardly act needs to be brought to justice and dealt with accordingly. God bless those who were injured and prayers to those who lost a loved one.”
THB: Another senseless tragedy that puts all Americans on edge.
Speck’s Pet Supplies closes Anderson store. (April 17)
- “Low-cost vaccinations and other services will be missed. Hated to see them go.”