- Viewpoint: Improving the job climate for our communities Looking back at the 2014 legislative session, I am pleased that the Indiana House Republicans accomplished everything we set out to achieve.
- You Said It! About teacher evaluations, drug testing Each Monday, The Herald Bulletin publishes “You Said It,” a compilation of reader comments from www.theheraldbulletin.com coupled with responses by the newspaper’s editorial board.
Scott Underwood: The end of crosswords cross words
You have spoken loud and clear, and we are listening.
- Maureen Hayden: Want better teacher ratings? Ask the kids The state may be back where it started, encumbered with a flawed teacher grading system, a year after implementing what were meant to be tough new standards.
Kelly Hawes: Nation’s schools need shared set of standards
Barack Obama and Mitch Daniels don’t agree on a lot, but they agree on this: The United States needs a common set of academic standards to define what every student ought to know.
- Editorial: City, merchants must infuse downtown with more energy Whose responsibility is it to promote and energize downtown Anderson? The city? The merchants? The residents? The answers: Yes. Yes. And yes.
- Editorial: City back on board for clean-up The annual gathering of civic-minded residents to perform spring cleaning around Anderson helps remove debris and spruce up neighborhoods. Though the cleaning never ends, residents make a great effort in getting dirty to make the city look better.
- Letter: Local gas prices exceed other counties' I'm all for free enterprise but when it comes to these gas prices in Madison County it comes close to thievery.
- Letter: Don't divide Israel President Obama is intensely pressuring Israel to follow his peace plan, which means returning to its 1948 borders. This is foolish policy.
- Editorial: District consolidation could benefit local schools Whenever school consolidation is broached, many folks immediately bristle. That's a natural reaction. In many communities, the schools are the meeting places, the centers of community pride and common ground.
- More Opinion Headlines