Letter: Christians being persecuted worldwide
Christians are persecuted in 131 of the world's 193 countries per a Pew Forum study. That said, America has supported many groups doing much of the persecution.
- Viewpoint: Silence encourages this type of government Here is Madison County's government year in review:
- Editorial: This holiday season, help fill up the Empty Stocking Fund In a community with so much suffering, much is required of those who are financially comfortable. And, in Anderson and Madison County, those folks have made a habit of showing their generosity.
Editorial: Give thanks for a good year and good life
Today we give thanks for a good year and life.
- Editorial: Ethanol impact underscores need for study, real answers Powering our homes and driving our automobiles has come at great cost to the environment. The consequences of drilling for oil and natural gas and mining for coal are dire. The emissions from burning these fuels even worse.
- Primus Mootry: Thanksgiving thoughts as we get ready to share with others I sat down to write something light-hearted about gobblers, cranberry sauce, and family gatherings in the holiday season. After all, it's that time of year, and already people are beginning to celebrate.
- Editorial: Fears over school consolidations can be overcome So many schools districts have been through the often painful process of consolidation. In Madison County, we have witnessed the loss of Highland and Madison Heights high schools due to dwindling enrollment.
- Viewpoint: Vote centers will provide best election experience Earlier this month, a proposal that would have created vote centers throughout Madison County failed to pass the County Election Board. With that, our community lost the opportunity to provide more ways for its citizens to vote.
- Maureen Hayden: Indiana Chamber targets smoker's bill of rights When Indiana lawmakers return for the 2014 session in early January, they’ll step into the highly charged issue of marriage equality as they debate the proposed amendment that would lock a ban on same-sex marriage and civil unions into the state constitution.
You Said It: About the Christmas parade, the homeless and home invasion
Each Monday The Herald Bulletin publishes “You Said It,” a compilation of reader comments from www.theheraldbulletin.com coupled with responses by the newspaper’s editorial board.
- More Opinion Headlines
- Letter: Christians being persecuted worldwide