- Viewpoint: Goodstock crowd continues to be considerate On July 5th Good’s Candy Shop held its sixth annual Goodstock. This event features live music, food and a car show. This year was a record turnout with 120 cars on display and over 1,200 people visiting.
- Scott Underwood: Race gives new meaning to 'crazy 8' Imagine an intersection with no stop signs. And no speed limit. And everyone hellbent on beating everyone else through it.
- You Said It: About Independence Day parade, the Wigwam and Speer homicide Each Monday, The Herald Bulletin publishes "You Said It," a compilation of readers comments from www.theheraldbulletin.com coupled with responses by the newspaper's editorial board.
- Maureen Hayden: Road to funding Indiana highways jammed If you’ve driven on either of Indiana’s two busiest interstates recently, you’ll understand why a blue-ribbon commission last week called for adding traffic lanes to those harrowing highways.
Editorial: There's still hope to save the Wigwam
Andersonians who love the Wigwam have been on a roller-coaster ride. But the acknowledgement of the costs of rehabilitating the site is becoming all too evident. There is still hope, of course. And that's turning into the motto of the Wigwam.
- Letter: Dickmanns set a good example for city What a beautifully warm day and what a great day for the city of Anderson on July 3. The Anderson Town Center Park was renamed the Dickmann Town Center Park by Mayor Kevin Smith during a ceremony that was attended by an enthusiastic crowd.
- Letter: First Amendment protects newspapers The newspapers for hundreds of years was our source of news, and I believe recognized information is the currency of a democracy and Americans' freedom depends on a free press providing factual nonbiased reporting.
- Editorial: Rural fire departments will gain from military about-face The Department of Defense recently announced it was ending its surplus equipment program for local fire departments. Then, thankfully, it did an about-face.
- Viewpoint: Damming river will affect entire state One proponent of the White River reservoir construction says that if you are opposed to damming the White river then you are one of the few and are loud and irresponsible. His support of the reservoir offers no facts or referenced success stories, only rosy predictions of what he wants you to believe that it could be.
- Editorial: Anderson loves a parade -- at a reasonable hour If you were in downtown Anderson on Thursday night, you could sense the excitement. Thousands of people descended on the downtown for the City of Anderson's Independence Day Parade and fireworks show.
- More Opinion Headlines