- Letter: Conservative values taught by my parents The latest report from the Congressional Budget Office is that Obamacare will cost 2.5 million jobs.
- Editorial: RR signal could spur business The price tag of $380,000 for signals seems costly but maybe the addition of railroad signals will help attract industry.
- Primus Mootry: Hoosier black history -- inside the melting pot America is often called "the Great Melting Pot." That idea, with whatever difficulties we know about, has applied to literally every European group seeking a better life here: Scottish, Irish, Polish, German, Russian, and so forth.
- Letter: All candidates invited to speak at tea party meetings This year 2014, the citizen of Madison County has an opportunity to change the political direction of your party, your town and city, your county, state and nation.
- Letter: Capitalism, not socialism, made US great I saw the actor, Brad Pitt, on a talk show recently and he spoke to the audience about our future.
- Letter: Republicans haven't learned lesson Have Republicans learned anything about their Nazi obsession?
- Editorial: CVS makes right move in helping smokers kick the habit Smoking is a hard, hard, hard habit to break. Simple willpower often isn’t strong enough to unchain us from this unhealthy practice.
You Said It: About missed deadlines, zip lines and pet messes
Each Monday, The Herald Bulletin publishes "You Said It," a compilation of reader comments from www.theheraldbulletin.com coupled by responses by the newspaper's editorial board.
Scott Underwood: THB brings you better news report
I hope you've noticed a recent upgrade in the quality and quantity of news reporting in The Herald Bulletin.
- Editorial: Council error on tax levy could hurt down the road There should have been no way that the city of Anderson missed a deadline in obtaining its tax levy for 2014. This error should be no sign of relief for taxpayers, but rather one of frustration.
- More Opinion Headlines