- Scott Underwood: Meth's death grip all too familiar Twenty years ago, I saw it happen to a family member. He had always been prone to addiction and his use of marijuana and other drugs had stunted his education, his career and his personal life. But once he got hooked on methamphetamine, all of those other drug habits seemed almost trivial.
- Editorial: State must tackle growing neonatal drug problem Drug addiction is horrible. Users lose their minds, their bodies, their possessions. But the tale of addiction is even more heartrending when the addict is an innocent who never made a decision to try drugs in the first place.
- Editorial: Holy Make A Wish, BatKid! Pint-sized hero wins hearts Some have scoffed at the cost of last week's special wish granted to 5-year-old Miles Scott. But you can’t put a price on a child’s happiness, especially a child who’s known only doctors, hospitals and pain his entire young life.
- Viewpoint: Donations to shelters will help get homeless off the streets Did you know the homeless in the homeless shelters and out on the streets of Anderson, Indiana really do need our help?
Editorial: 'What if' still surrounds Kennedy
John F. Kennedy might have been embarking on an amazing presidential journey. But it became a "what if" that still leads to speculation today, and always will for this nation.
- Editorial: Hoosier deer hunters must not underestimate dangers Whenever a sport combines outdoor conditions, tree climbing, loaded firearms and large mammals with antlers, human practitioners face grave danger, as well.
- Letter: Look at facts to assess current status Question: “Are you better off now than you were five years ago?” Some may be quick to answer this question without giving it much real thought.
- Letter: True cost of insurance will be known soon Americans have been reminded, over and over again, about the unfairness of a Washington enforced, Washington approved, health insurance.
- Letter: What compromise will Republicans offer? To compromise on the Affordable Care Act what are the Republicans willing to give?
- Letter: 'Toys for Tots' needs residents' support The Marine Corps Mounds Detachment has begun its annual "Toys for Tots" campaign.
- More Opinion Headlines