Epilepsy awareness event set at Vertigo’s
ANDERSON — Vertigo’s Bar & Grill, 2332 Columbus Ave., will host a fundraiser for Epilespy Awareness beginning at 8 p.m. Saturday.
Entertainment will be provided by Kemmler’s Fate, Thomas Wayne Pruitt, 3 North and The Under Dogs. The cover charge will be $3. This event is part of 50 Concerts in 50 States for Epilepsy Awareness.
Diabetes workshop planned for Saturday
ANDERSON — Bethesda Missionary Baptist Church Health Awareness Team will host a diabetes workshop and salad luncheon at 10 a.m. Saturday at 2124 Cedar St.
Judy Kapoun, diabetes educator at the Madison County Community Health Center, will be the speaker.
This event is open to the public and free. A freewill donation will be taken. For more, information contact Vickie Nave at 621-1900.
‘Vintage Hats’ topic for Women’s League
ANDERSON — The Women’s League of The Anderson Center for the Arts will meet Wednesday, March 27, at 10 a.m. Marilyn Lenhart will present the program.
Coffee and refreshments will be served prior to the meeting and the public is invited to attend. The Anderson Center for the Arts is at 32 W. 10th St. For more information, call 649-1248 or visit www.andersonart.org.
Lil Miracles fundraiser Saturday
ANDERSON — Three consultants — Holly McClurg Pollock, Heidi McClurg Southerland and Jamie Southerland-Shepherd — from Thirty One, Scentsy and Tastefully Simple are hosting a fundraiser for Lil Miracles Pregnancy Resource Center, Inc.
The event will be from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at New Covenant Ministry Center, 1224 E. 44th St., Anderson.
There will be door prizes and other prizes given out along with refreshments. For information contact Lisa at 393-2315 or email email@example.com. If you can’t attend you can receive information about ordering online. Proceeds will go to Lil Miracles.
Babes and Bunnies hunt is March 30
ANDERSON — The Madison County Community Health Center, 1547 Ohio Ave., will host its fourth annual Babes and Bunnies Egg Hunt from 10 a.m. to noon Saturday, March 30. The event is for children ages 2-8.
Indiana Tobacco Quit Line Referral Forms will also be available for parents.
Legion to host Saturday dinner
LAPEL — The Lapel American Legion will have a dinner this Saturday from 5 to 7 p.m.
The menu will be deep fried pork loin, au-gratin potatoes, green beans, applesauce, hot rolls, dessert, tea and coffee. The price is $7.
Fiarmount plans rummage sale
FAIRMOUNT — The seventh annual town-wide rummage sale will take place beginning at 8 a.m. Saturday, May 4. For more information call Beth at 948-5820.
Epilepsy awareness event set at Vertigo’s
- Edgewood Elementary celebrates diversity When Edgewood Elementary reopened in 2012, Principal Judi Shafer knew the key to creating a successful school community would be to embrace the diversity of students and staff coming from other schools.
- Community Briefs: March 10 A compilation of community news items as published in the Monday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
Art inspired by the landscape of Anderson has found a new home after prominently hanging in the prestigious 21st Annual Coors Western Art Exhibition & Sale in Denver, Colo. Several oil paintings fashioned by local artist David Michael Slonim were sold, including one for $9,500.
- Re-entering society Transitional housing for women re-entering society after incarceration has been available through the faith-based Sister 2 Sister program since December 2009, but the facility has only been able to house four women at a time. The ministry recently purchased a house that will service three times as many women.
- Community Briefs: March 9 A compilation of community news items as published in the Sunday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Anderson library launches online tutoring service Anderson Public Library has launched a new program that offers students of all ages live, one-to-one help from professional tutors online.
- What's Where: March 9-15 Local meetings and activities are planned this week.
- Remembering Anderson sectionals of yesteryear Before the Indiana High School Athletic Association initiated class ball prior to the in 1997-98 season, there was a celebrated event called the Anderson sectional.
- In Service: March 9 A compilation of news items featuring Madison County residents serving in the U.S. Armed Forces.
- Jottings: March 9 The following are brief Jottings items of local interest.
- More Community Headlines