Central Christian to have rummage sale
ANDERSON — Central Christian Church, 923 Jackson St., will have a rummage sale on Saturday from 8 a.m. to noon.
Enter through the back door off the Brown-Delaware/Jackson alley (adjacent to the parking lot off Jackson, north side of the church). The congregation has collected items during the Lenten season from their homes to contribute to the sale. All are in good to excellent condition.
Proceeds from the sale will go to a sister church in the interests of promoting unity and building bridges among faith communities.
Steak, breakfast at Pendleton AMVETS
PENDLETON — The Pendleton AMVETS Post 26 will serve steak dinners from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Friday and all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet for $6 from 7:30 to 10 a.m. Saturday.
The events are open to the public but you must be 18 or older to enter the post.
For more information, call 778-7224.
Derby Dames to host ‘Mad (Wo)men’
MUNCIE — The Cornfed Derby Dames (CFDD), will host “Mad (Wo)men on Sunday at Gibson Skating Arena, 2610 S. Mock Ave. Doors open at 3 p.m. with a 4 p.m. start time. CFDD will take on the Black-n-Bluegrass Shiners out of Florence, Ky.
Tickets are $8 in advance through Brown Paper Tickets (www.brownpapertickets.com/event/320155) or from any Cornfed Derby Dame, and $10 at the door (cash only). Free admission for children ages 10 and younger with purchase of an adult ticket (limit two children). Snacks and drinks are available (cash only) at the concession stand.
A portion of bout proceeds will go to Court Appointed Special Advocates, also known as CASA. Following the bout, an after-party celebration will take place at Big Shots Pub, 700 S Nichols Ave. Muncie.
Elwood Legion selling raffle tickets
ELWOOD — Tickets for a Kings Island raffle are on sale at the Elwood American Legion. Price is $5 per ticket and the prize is six passes for Kings Island.
The winning ticket will be drawn on May 25.
Tickets are available at the American Legion, calling 552-1055, At 2nd Glance, 552-2400 or from any member of the Legion.
Lions Club serving Saturday breakfast
DALEVILLE — The Daleville Lions Club, Sixth and Edwards streets, will host an all-you-can-eat community breakfast from 7:30 to 10:30 a.m. Saturday.
Cost is $6 per person. The menu includes eggs and sausage, pancakes, biscuits and sausage gravy, coffee, milk and orange juice.
Proceeds will benefit the Daleville High School Wrestling Boosters.
Central Christian to have rummage sale
- Edgewood Elementary celebrates diversity When Edgewood Elementary reopened in 2012, Principal Judi Shafer knew the key to creating a successful school community would be to embrace the diversity of students and staff coming from other schools.
- Community Briefs: March 10 A compilation of community news items as published in the Monday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
Art inspired by the landscape of Anderson has found a new home after prominently hanging in the prestigious 21st Annual Coors Western Art Exhibition & Sale in Denver, Colo. Several oil paintings fashioned by local artist David Michael Slonim were sold, including one for $9,500.
- Re-entering society Transitional housing for women re-entering society after incarceration has been available through the faith-based Sister 2 Sister program since December 2009, but the facility has only been able to house four women at a time. The ministry recently purchased a house that will service three times as many women.
- Community Briefs: March 9 A compilation of community news items as published in the Sunday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Anderson library launches online tutoring service Anderson Public Library has launched a new program that offers students of all ages live, one-to-one help from professional tutors online.
- What's Where: March 9-15 Local meetings and activities are planned this week.
- Remembering Anderson sectionals of yesteryear Before the Indiana High School Athletic Association initiated class ball prior to the in 1997-98 season, there was a celebrated event called the Anderson sectional.
- In Service: March 9 A compilation of news items featuring Madison County residents serving in the U.S. Armed Forces.
- Jottings: March 9 The following are brief Jottings items of local interest.
- More Community Headlines