Central Christian to have rummage sale
ANDERSON — Central Christian Church, 923 Jackson St., will have a rummage sale on Saturday from 8 a.m. to noon.
Enter through the back door off the Brown-Delaware/Jackson alley (adjacent to the parking lot off Jackson, north side of the church). The congregation has collected items during the Lenten season from their homes to contribute to the sale. All are in good to excellent condition.
Proceeds from the sale will go to a sister church in the interests of promoting unity and building bridges among faith communities.
Steak, breakfast at Pendleton AMVETS
PENDLETON — The Pendleton AMVETS Post 26 will serve steak dinners from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Friday and all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet for $6 from 7:30 to 10 a.m. Saturday.
The events are open to the public but you must be 18 or older to enter the post.
For more information, call 778-7224.
Derby Dames to host ‘Mad (Wo)men’
MUNCIE — The Cornfed Derby Dames (CFDD), will host “Mad (Wo)men on Sunday at Gibson Skating Arena, 2610 S. Mock Ave. Doors open at 3 p.m. with a 4 p.m. start time. CFDD will take on the Black-n-Bluegrass Shiners out of Florence, Ky.
Tickets are $8 in advance through Brown Paper Tickets (www.brownpapertickets.com/event/320155) or from any Cornfed Derby Dame, and $10 at the door (cash only). Free admission for children ages 10 and younger with purchase of an adult ticket (limit two children). Snacks and drinks are available (cash only) at the concession stand.
A portion of bout proceeds will go to Court Appointed Special Advocates, also known as CASA. Following the bout, an after-party celebration will take place at Big Shots Pub, 700 S Nichols Ave. Muncie.
Elwood Legion selling raffle tickets
ELWOOD — Tickets for a Kings Island raffle are on sale at the Elwood American Legion. Price is $5 per ticket and the prize is six passes for Kings Island.
The winning ticket will be drawn on May 25.
Tickets are available at the American Legion, calling 552-1055, At 2nd Glance, 552-2400 or from any member of the Legion.
Lions Club serving Saturday breakfast
DALEVILLE — The Daleville Lions Club, Sixth and Edwards streets, will host an all-you-can-eat community breakfast from 7:30 to 10:30 a.m. Saturday.
Cost is $6 per person. The menu includes eggs and sausage, pancakes, biscuits and sausage gravy, coffee, milk and orange juice.
Proceeds will benefit the Daleville High School Wrestling Boosters.
Central Christian to have rummage sale
Review: Musical takes you back to being '13'
Wanting to kill your mom and pining for a Wonderbra are typical desires young teenage girls have, but that just scratches the surface of the relatable themes in Mainstage Theatre’s production of “13: The Musical.”
- Community Briefs: July 25 A compilation of community news as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
Live music: July 25
Live entertainment at local venues as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
Supporting limb loss awareness
A small group of amputees gathered for the Second Annual Show Your Mettle Day at Frazier’s Dairy Maid on Friday. The event, which offered free ice cream to amputees thanks to Prevail Prosthetics and Orthotics, served as a meet and greet to help support limb loss awareness in the community.
- Jim Bailey: Now if Grace beats Bethel... Fans in the United States are just now waking up to the complexities of World Cup soccer, which is a lot more popular around the world than it is here.
- Community Briefs: July 24 A compilation of community news items as published in the Thursday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- The 'fairest food of all' Rides along the midway and 4-H animals may be a big draw for the county fair, but there's plenty of food people look forward to and indulge in during the Madison County 4-H Fair.
- Community Briefs: July 23 A compilation of community news items as published in the Wednesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
Staying strong during adversity
When doctors told Judy Best she had cancer she was shocked, but she never lost hope.
- Community Briefs: July 22 A compilation of community news as published in the Tuesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- More Community Headlines
- Review: Musical takes you back to being '13'